Don't know what to do with books you'll never read again? Try this...

twinkle

My feelings are best summed up by the comment to the original post:

All… all these books ruined! I understand the Windows 5 book, but the rest of these books are MURDER! You’ve killed them you sir, are no gentleman and scholar, but a destroyer of books and MINDS!

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh! Murder! MUUUURRRRDDDEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!

Actually, I think they look cool in theory but would be impractical in practice. You'd have to find some way of waterproofing the whole thing or the water would seep out all over your floor/windowsill every time you gave your plant a drink. And they would start smelling pretty foosty very quickly and would go all mouldy and start disintigrating. So, theyh look nice, but it's not such a clever idea unless you can get round all that. Better to decorate a planter box as a book - now, that would be cool!

I'm not a fan of tearing up books but I have to admit those look pretty cool. I wouldn't do anything like that myself though, I'd kill a book and then the plant would die as well, having me as the caretaker. Too much killing for my taste!

See, I do know what to do with books I will never read again. I donate them, either to the local library or the local used bookstore. I could never use them like that. Someone else might surely love them and want to read them, even if I don't.

I don't like seeing books ruined, but it's a good idea. I have a few book projects I want to make, such as a table that has the legs made of books. I don't intend using real books though. I would make each book out of balsa wood or something. The same could easily be done for this. You know how you can buy those fake books for your shelves? Just drill a hole in one of those. :lol:

I have just put a pic in one of my albums showing a tower of books outside a UK bookshop (not real, presumably).