Hello!

Clare_Star

Hi everyone, I'm Clare and here to join the book fun :-)

I don't really have a favourite genre of books, I will read anything. One of my favourites is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I've also been rereading a lot of books from my childhood recently (mainly Louisa May Alcott novels).

I'm also a bit of a sucker for a historical fiction, especially on a Sunday when the sun is out.

Anyway, I won't waffle on, look forward to reading and chatting with you at some point in the future.

Welcome Clare, I'm pretty new too but everyone is lovely here! I will warn you that your TBR (To Be Read) pile of books will surely expand. They're all a bad influence, but in a good way ;).

Happy Reading!

:D

Hey there Clare, welcome! :D I'm a big fan of historical fiction as well. Do you have any fave authors?

Hello! I've been working my way through Michelle Moran's Egyptian novels recently and have really enjoyed them. I'm really interested in the Crusade period and would love to read some more set in that period - I've read Sarah Bryant's Sand Daughter and really enjoyed it - any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I must admit I've never read anything from the Crusades time period, Clare, so I may be looking for recommendations from you! :D I do however enjoy reading Iain Pears, Tracy Chevalier and Matthew Pearl. One of my favorites from Pearl 'The Dante Club,' is set in post-Civil War Boston/Cambridge.

• 3 weeks later...