Did anyone encourage you to read

My mother read to my sister and I from a very young age and always encouraged us to read. Nights snuggled in bed with her reading Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, George's Marvellous Medicine and Fantastic Mr.Fox make up my childhood memories and now that I have an added younger brother into the family I try to get him interested in books, read to him and help him along while learning to read and our visits to our local library are sacred!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone encouraged me to read. My mum does read occasionally and I have never seen my dad read anything else apart from a newspaper!

I think that, partly because of my disability, growing up I wasn't able to run around like other children. So I had to find other ways to entertain myself. From a very early age, I was interested in books and this passion has always stayed with me. With or without my disability, I could have ended up a bookworm anyway. When my oldest sister was young, she was a bookworm like I am.