What Katy did by Susan Coolidge

Kate

If I'm correct, this was a series of books [as in maybe more than three? ]. I had it as a child, and loved, loved, loved it. :D Of course my name is Katherine as well..... :D

• 1 year later...

It is indeed part of a series. :) What Katy Did was the first and is an amazing story about how a young girl learns to blossom and treat those around her with far more kindness and respect than perhaps she once did,whilst letting go of some of her childish selfishness. I like that her mischievous side isn't entirely taken away, though! What Katy Did At School came next (I think!!) and is about Katy going to study at boarding school. She struggles at first and shades of her old self shine through when she encourages her fellow boarders into all sorts of naughtiness! What Katy Did Next is about a trip abroad Katy takes as an adult, if I remember correctly.

The whole series goes on from there, with stories about Katy's relatives, but I've not read any of those. This thread has reminded me though, so I may have to seek them out!