Are you a Book Nazi?

Kell

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very over-protective of my books. Though I loan my books out, I worry about how the person is treating my books. Two years ago I let someone borrow my Katie Price book and she brought it back with a bent cover. I was pissed off. I have lent my Twilight book out twice and the cover is all bent up. I have promised myself to not loan out anymore books.

Yes, totally refuse to lend books out unless I have designated them to go to the charity shops. Then anyone can have them. But I have lent some of my prized books out thinking that people will treat them with the same respect as me and lo and behold they have come back in a sorry state.

I one lent a book to a friend and after gentle reminders for it to be returned (after a year - which I think is long enough) it was handed to me very sheepishly. When I was able to look at the book a while later, it fell to pieces in my hand, all the pages were detached from the spine. That was the last time .......:roll:

...I one lent a book to a friend and after gentle reminders for it to be returned (after a year - which I think is long enough) it was handed to me very sheepishly. When I was able to look at the book a while later, it fell to pieces in my hand, all the pages were detached from the spine. That was the last time .......:roll:

I wouldn`t be able to return a book in that condition, I`d have to buy a new replacement. (Don`t get the wrong idea, I always treat books with care!)

I have to admit that I've very over-protective of my books, a bit like Elinor in Inkheart. But that being said, I know there a few individuals who I can trust with books they want to borrow. I know this because they've lent me books, and I've returned them in good condition. So I know that they will return them in good care. :roll:

I rarely lend books out - I would prefer to give them away and replace them! I have lent too many out which I have never had returned. I will however lend them to my dad because he always gives them back when he has finished, and they always come back in the condition he had them in. My mum also returns books when she has finished with them, but she and I don't tend to have very similar tastes, so she doesn't borrow many.

I don't lend people books. I hate when a book has been read before me and the spine is snapped or the pages are torn. When I go to charity shops/ second hand stores I have to check that it's not damaged or broken spine (or at least not badly). This is the reason I don't lend things to people. Whenever I lend things, it always comes back in a worse state than it left (maybe I'm just being obsessive :))