Looking for a book that deals with the childhood home

Hello.

I am currently doing some research for my MA and am looking to find some texts/novels/fiction (whichever genre) which deal with somebody reconnecting with their childhood home. I recently found out that the house I grew up in has been demolished. As such I'm looking at the notion of what happens when all physical connections with the place one grew up in have been removed, and, how an individual might tap back into their past by other means.

If anyone knows of any books that feed into this or hinge upon a similar narrative, I'd love to hear of them.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help.

Regards,

M

Welcome to the forum, mookieb, but I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to advise you that you should look at the forum guidelines, which say:

"... please do not join just to ask for help with your homework / dissertation / survey etc. These are also only allowed for regular, active members."

I hope you'll become an active member of the forum, as it's always nice to talk to new people, but I'm afraid you probably won't get your question answered if you're only here for help with your research.

Hello chesilbeach.

Thank you for voicing such a welcoming and constructive greeting to this forum. As the banner at the top of the screen asks....Love books? Yes, I do. Talk books......I'd like to.

But am I correct?

I can only talk about literature as long as it isn't for educational purposes?

Chesilbeach is entirely correct and was perfectly polite in pointing out a regulation which, upon sign up, you agree to abide by.

As you can see from the guideline Chesilbeach quoted, such benefits are only allowed for regular, active members. We employ this approach to maintain a friendly, community-based atmosphere on the forum, as opposed to merely providing a homework/advertising/etc resource for people who otherwise have no interest in participating in the forum.

You are more than welcome and encouraged to participate further in discussions, but I will be closing this thread as it is in direct violation of our rules.

mookieb,

The no-homework rule is in place because we've had a lot of members join simply to ask for advice on homework, and then never come back or contribute to the forum. Therefore, we only allow homework questions from our regular members.

Feel free to have a look around the forum and join in on the discussions! I'm sure you'll find some good ideas for your project. :lol: