Disney

Coffin Nail

I'm just watching the 100 Best Family Movies.

Part of me loathes everything that the Disney Corporation stands for, but politics aside I can't deny they've made some incredible films.

Top three Disney films??

Aladdin

Beauty and the Beast

Jungle Book

Both the original Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are fantastic!

I personally enjoy:

Pocahontas (some people dislike it saying it is not historically correct but in its own right I adore it, Meeko and the songs sway it for me)

Beauty and the Beast (I was obsessed with this film as a child)

Brother bear (recent-ish disney which I loved)

But there are many others that are great too which I watched constantly as a kid and am still fond of now

CornflowerBlue:

I know they're supposed to be awful, but a lot of the hatred for them makes me roll my eyes. This implication that anyone brought up with Disney will have their brains liquidised and be cultural black holes is crazy.

I know, it doesn't bother and hasn't affected me and I had a very disney-fied upbringing and have been to disneyland Paris three times. I see myself as very openminded and have my head screwed on in the real world. The films are entertaining, make children and adults think about their actions in many ways.....and at the end of the day nothing and no-one is perfect, the films shouldn't be to blame for children not being brought up right.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

When I was younger, I used to watch the Lion King numerous times every single day for many years, eventually I wore up THREE tapes of the film - and now I have no copy of it. :lol:

Therefore, that one definitely comes first. Then I'd have to choose between 101 Dalmatians, the Little Mermaid, Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan and Lady and the Tramp. No idea what to choose, I guess it'd be The Hunchback and Hercules.

I always really disliked Pinocchio, Dumbo and Aladdin though. I also never really came to like the films with girls as a lead (besides the Little Mermaid and Pocahontas, perhaps because they were different) but I really had no patience for the princess movies.

Edited by Sk

Beauty and the Beast (I love the ballroom scene), The Little Mermaid and The Aristocats, one of my cats was named 'O'Malley' because of The Aristocats :lol:

The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast. I love love love all these films!!

I always found pinocchio slightly disturbing,

especially when they all turn into donkeys. Thats quite scary for a child!

(not sure if the spoiler is really necessary, but you never know, maybe someone hasn't seen it!)

And I can't watch Dumbo, it's just too upsetting!

I have to pick just three? Okay, then:

Aladdin

The Lady and the Tramp

Dumbo

But The Lion King, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid rank pretty high for me, too.

I'm just watching the 100 Best Family Movies.

Part of me loathes everything that the Disney Corporation stands for, but politics aside I can't deny they've made some incredible films.

Top three Disney films??

Aladdin

Beauty and the Beast

Jungle Book

What was No. 1? I watched a bit of the second half.

For me it would be

The Lion King,

and

The little Mermaid ( I recall all of us adults in the family sending my 3 year old neice to bed that christmas we got this film for her. We all watched the movie twice that night. Before the holidays were over the video tape actual snapped we had to use cellotape to repair it).

I didn't see Bambi until I was an adult and I was shocked at what happened to Bambi's mother. I actually gasped. Yes me, the one who finally got to see The Exorcist when I was 19 and said that's all! Where's the scarey bit, it was just getting interesting then it ends!:blush: