Katie Melua

emelee

Not me, sorry. We refer to the mute button on our remote controls and radios as the Katie Melua button, because as soon as she starts to sing we hit that button. But, hey, as my mum would say, it'd be a boring place if we all liked the same thing :lol:

Really Chesil? I really like her. I've been listening to her a bit in the last couple of days. Actually, I was introduced to her music in a bookshop. My partner and I both loved the music as we were browsing and ended up asking the owner who it was.

Yup, sorry Kylie, it's true. There's something about her voice I find intensely irritating, and it just grates on me constantly, which is why I have to hit the mute button whenever I hear her start to sing (OH says I never move quicker than I do when reaching for that remote control :lol:)

She'd appeal to me, too, if she didn't bloody sing. Still, millions of album sales suggest the British Public really like her, and they vote with their sterling, so...

...but saying that, didn't millions of people vote for the Eurovision entry? And look at how well that utterly soulless bilge faired! So, maybe millions of people really can be wrong.

My, I'm coming out with some strong views today. I must be feeling saucy...:lol:

shes not really my cup of tea, but i can see why she appeals to people.

Same here, there are a couple of tracks I've liked ... like 'Closest Thing to Crazy' but I hated 'Nine Million Bicycles' and loathed 'If You Were a Sailboat' .. that would probably take the prize for me for the worst lyrics ever.

The Mike Batt connection put me off too, and she seemed to be just a vehicle for his songwriting 'talents' but I hear she's writing her own stuff now so that's a good thing.