Oscar and the Lady in Pink - Eric Emmanuel Schmitt

Hey everyone ! I just wanted to share that book with you as I've seen there was nothing about it.

I must say "Oscar and the Lady in Pink" is very very famous here in Belgium and also in France.

Here's the summary (from http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/s/eric-emmanuel-schmitt/oscar-and-lady-in-pink.htm) :

" 'My name is Oscar, I'm ten years old...They call me Egghead, I look about seven, I live in hospital because of my cancer and I've never written to you because I don't even know if you exist,' writes Oscar to God. Oscar is ill, and no one, especially not his parents, can tell him what he already knows: that he is dying. Granny Rose, the oldest of the 'ladies in pink' who come to visit the patients, makes friends with Oscar. She suggests that he play a game: to pretend that each of the following twelve days is a decade of his imaginary life. One day equals ten years, and every night Oscar writes a letter to God telling him about his life. "

I found that book was soul-stirring. It's a book you can easily read to your children but that you can appreciate too because you realize many things while reading it. You'll discover that this little Oscar is so strong and he'll give you real lessons about life. Everyone I know really adored the book and the message it brought them. The letters Oscar writes are sometimes funny, sometimes sensitive, sometimes we can really feel his illness through the letters and sometimes he seems to be like all the other children.

Honestly you may only love that book :(

It was so succesful that they also made a film.(I'm sorry I didn't find the trailer in English) :

And there've been a play too which they performed even in Russia, Italy, etc. so maybe you've heard a bit about it.