Scandanavian Crime Writers

Having read the Millenium Trilogy (Girl with Dragon Tatoo etc) and enjoyed them very much, not just for the story but also for their descriptions of Swedish life I am interested in reading other Scandanavian thrillers/crime books. Does anyone recommend anything, other than Mankell's Wallander?

I recently read The Princess of Burundi by Kjell Eriksson and The Man from Beijing by Mankell (not part of the Wallander series). I particularly did not care for either of these books, but you might check out Mankell's stand alone novels or Eriksson's other books.

Also, check out this website:

http://www.scandinavianbooks.com/crime-book-1.html

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those who have contributed. I have heard of most of those suggested and have just read The Waters Edge by Karen Fossum which was ok. It's quite short and written from several characters' point of view which seem to make it quite jerky. Not sure I will bother with any more of hers for a while. I like the look of Camilla Lackberg's books in the UK. The covers are very cool but the Ice Princess doen't have very good reviews on other sites I visited but The Preacher does better. I have just bought The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo, a Norweigian crime writer. I will report back when I've read it.

Thanks to those who have contributed. I have heard of most of those suggested and have just read The Waters Edge by Karen Fossum which was ok. It's quite short and written from several characters' point of view which seem to make it quite jerky. Not sure I will bother with any more of hers for a while. I like the look of Camilla Lackberg's books in the UK. The covers are very cool but the Ice Princess doen't have very good reviews on other sites I visited but The Preacher does better. I have just bought The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo, a Norweigian crime writer. I will report back when I've read it.

I've only read one of Karen Fossum's books, and I found the same thing, it felt a bit unfinished and jerky.

Jo Nesbo's The Redbreast is terrific, I have two more of his, unread as of yet, but they're definite TBRs.

Having read the Millenium Trilogy (Girl with Dragon Tatoo etc) and enjoyed them very much, not just for the story but also for their descriptions of Swedish life I am interested in reading other Scandanavian thrillers/crime books. Does anyone recommend anything, other than Mankell's Wallander?

Let the Right One In (L