Interesting Link

Thomas Merton

Thanks for the link..although I'm dissappointed to see one favorite cozy writer missing from the M page..Shirley R. Murphy..her Joe Grey series is a blast. Talking cats just makes things more lively:hyper:

I love Joe Grey and Dulcie!

I love Joe Grey and Dulcie!

Me too, who wouldn't love to have cats like that? There's another series where the animals talk to one another, but not to people..it is set in Virginia I think..I"ll have to look at this link and see if I can't find it..

I also like the series where the heroine has a housekeeper that only see she can see since she's a ghost..very funny books. The dialog between those two characters is outrageous. (starts with Them Bones-Carolyn Haines)

Me too, who wouldn't love to have cats like that? There's another series where the animals talk to one another, but not to people..it is set in Virginia I think..I"ll have to look at this link and see if I can't find it..

I also like the series where the heroine has a housekeeper that only see she can see since she's a ghost..very funny books. The dialog between those two characters is outrageous. (starts with Them Bones-Carolyn Haines)

The Virginia series is the "Mrs. Murphy" one. I have some of them, but like Joe Grey better really, that cat has, er, testoserone! :D

Hadn't heard of the last one though.

The Virginia series is the "Mrs. Murphy" one. I have some of them, but like Joe Grey better really, that cat has, er, testoserone! :D

Hadn't heard of the last one though.

Have you read The Catswold Portal by Shirley R. Murphy? It is similar to the Joe Grrey series, in that that series alludes to the events and existence of the Portal book.

Another great "cat' book is The Abandoned by Paul Gallico..about a kid who becomes a cat..

Have you read The Catswold Portal by Shirley R. Murphy? It is similar to the Joe Grrey series, in that that series alludes to the events and existence of the Portal book.

Another great "cat' book is The Abandoned by Paul Gallico..about a kid who becomes a cat..

I have Catswold Portal in my TBR stack. But hadn't heard of the last either. :D

I have Catswold Portal in my TBR stack. But hadn't heard of the last either. :D

The Abandoned is fairly old. I read it on recomendation of a friend when I was in middle school. Then I found it at a library sale a few years ago. Another good one by Gallico is The Man Who Was Magic..the same friend insisted I read it and as usual, she was right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

abecedarian,

Sorry this has taken so long....

Shirley R. Murphy is the next author I will be adding to my site.

Joe Grey and Dulcie sound great!

Thanks, Danna

Sorry about that post above....... I wish I knew how to delete it...

Thomas,

Thanks for posting the Euro Crime site. It looks like a great site to spend time exploring.

Danna

Thanks, Michelle, for deleting that post. I know that this is off-topic, but, from what I can see, it is best to pick the advanced method of posting, right?

Also, I just added Shirley Rousseau Murphy to my chronological list. Her books look like they will be a lot of fun to read. I love finding new established series to start on... gives me lots of books to enjoy before I "catch up" with the author.

Danna

• 1 year later...