Having a TBR pile keeps you alive

It is the best insurance policy ever. You cannot die if you still have books to read. Some of the members here will probably be immortal :lurker:

Start to worry if you have only one book left in your pile.

Haha funny, but true :lurker:

I also find that a huge tbr list can potentially make reading ''a job'' or rather an obligation, cos you think of all the books you need to (want to) read, and then you start reading automatically. But luckily you can snap out of it just by realising how much you enjoy reading.

Yeah, maybe Death has all of our tbr lists. What if Death knows our complete TBR lists before we do? :D lol.

Yeah, maybe Death has all of our tbr lists. What if Death knows our complete TBR lists before we do? :D lol.

OOh that's a bit deep for a saturday night Brida :lurker:

@ned: you might have to plea bargain with Death about a re-read

My book case is hanging about 2 inches off the wall, kind of tilting forward under the weight of my TBR books. I was worried about this, but now that I know that the size of my TBR pile makes me immortal, I don't have to worry about it falling on top of me anymore.

My book case is hanging about 2 inches off the wall, kind of tilting forward under the weight of my TBR books. I was worried about this, but now that I know that the size of my TBR pile makes me immortal, I don't have to worry about it falling on top of me anymore.

Even so, er...maybe you shouldn't go to sleep underneath it just in case.

Truthfully, I often worry about dying before I have read all the books that I want to.

And then I might come back as someone who hates to read. :)

Unread Book anxiety! I can dig it Corina. Still, you have to face it there will always be more books in the world than you could ever read....sorry if this upsets you :(

Unread Book anxiety!

This one just might be classified as a new type of anxiety...

''Oh yes, let me just write you a prescription... Now remember, take only one when you feel the anxiety attack coming up *hands over patient's TBR list* You don't want to OD yourself, now do you? ''

:friends0:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it keeps you alive:mrgreen:. By my reckoning, I need to live to at least 180 to finish my book pile. If I don't then I'll have to take them with me.:D