Hey There

Brian.

I signed upto the forum a little while ago but only just decided that its about time I made a post or two. For years I stuck to reading non-fiction books but towards the end of last year started reading fiction and some or the classics for a change. Cant say I really have a favourite book.

Currently enjoying 'The Wire' on DVD and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in book form.

Any questions ask away.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Peacefield - Ive been bouncing about in regards to fiction. I read Fatherland by Robert Harris and enjoyed it immensly, then The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. Read Animal Farm, Brave New World and a few other modern classics which to my surprise I also enjoyed. The only book I felt let down by was Veronika Decides to Die, I guess its just not my thing.

Mexicola - Im about halfway through series 2, its not quite upto the standard of the first series imo but im still enjoying it.

Ooshie - I think the 3rd book in the series came out on 1st April. At least thats what I recall seeing on the Amazon website.

Peacefield - Ive been bouncing about in regards to fiction. I read Fatherland by Robert Harris and enjoyed it immensly, then The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. Read Animal Farm, Brave New World and a few other modern classics which to my surprise I also enjoyed. The only book I felt let down by was Veronika Decides to Die, I guess its just not my thing.

Quite a range of stuff there, Brian, that's great! I loved Animal Farm, and have The Reader on my TBR shelf which I'm looking forward to reading :lurker:.

Ooshie - I think the 3rd book in the series came out on 1st April. At least thats what I recall seeing on the Amazon website.

Just had a look - you're right, and I can get it for half price, too!

I threw Veronika Decides to Die out after reading it on the grounds it was too depressing even to give away.