Lisa Tucker

Brida

I haven't found a thread about her yet, so I thought I'd start one.

Unfortunately,I've only read two books by her so far, couldn't find more, but I'm working on changing that ;)

Ok, so the two I've read are ''The song reader'' and ''Once upon a day''.

Here's a short text about both of them (from her website) :

1.The Song reader:

''Leeann's older sister Mary Beth has a gift. She is a "song reader." She doesn't read palms or tarot cards; she reads people's secrets and desires from the songs they can't get out of their minds. But as Leeann soon learns, every gift has its price.''

2.Once upon a day:

''A famous man disappears from L.A., taking his two children to a rocky, desolate corner of New Mexico where he raises them in complete isolation in a utopian "Sanctuary." He is trying to protect his children from a dangerous world--and from the truth of the terrible day that unraveled all their lives.''

I know, doesn't sound as fascinating as you (possibly) were expecting.

But I've enjoyed both of them. They're easy to read, emotional too, but in a realistic kind of way. Not the whinning kind. Even though that didn't happen to you, nor were you in such a situation, you can still feel compassion for the characters. That's at least what I felt, of course, others could disagree.

Anyway, anyone read it? Or something else by the same author? (Or should I just give more info about the subject? :smile2:) Please feel free to share your thoughts here :lol:

^^If you liked that one,I think you'd like The song reader even more :smile2: But that might just be me.It does sound unusual,it is as far as the idea goes (a woman being a song reader,never heard of that before),but it's a pretty down to earth kind of story.Real people (well,not real real...you know what I mean :D) dealing with life. I love the closeness of the sisters (the 2 main characters),and dunno why,but the story just...moved me.They seemed to get hurt so often (nothing like real life,right:roll:),but still managed to get on with life.

I'm glad you liked OUaD :smile2: I personally think that story is more unusual than TSR.

:smile2:

I hope you'll enjoy it when (and if) you decide to read it.It's easy to read,and doesn't take long.

I'm gonna try and get my hands on some of her other books during the summer,or whenever I get some free time. The plots sound interesting :D

• 1 month later...

I've recently read Shout down the moon, and though it was a fast and easy read, it didn't leave me as fascinated as the two books I mentioned in post #1. It was ok, enjoyable but nothing special.

The story is like a typical movie about teenage romance and pregnancies, and growing up, which is the, I shall call it, lame part of the book, but as always I felt involved in the lives of the characters which were portrayed pretty realistically and, how shall I put it...fully. Don't know how to describe it, I'm hoping you'll bare with me. There's also the part about the main character's mother being an alchoholic, her boyfriend being madly in love with her but also just...mad (kidding, he's actually just a drug/gun dealer :) ), as well as other problems not unusual for life today.

At least tv life.

Anyway, as far as characters and description goes, I like it, story-wise, I might be a bit dissapointed, but all in all, not a bad read.

About the book:

Everything starts with the blues for Patty Taylor, singer with a hard-luck road band, mother of a little boy she adores. But Patty's journey will force her to change from a girl who can put up with anything to a woman with a voice that can bring the house down.