Leg Of Lamb Idea's Wanted

Denise

OH here does some cooking on his week off to give me a break and his speciality is the lamb roast.Last few roasts we have had,has been an Indian Crusted spicy one,although its yummo Im getting bored with it.So Im wondering do you guys have any particular recipe you use that you love that you can share with us?If so,would so love to see it!..:D

One way I like to cook leg of lamb ( I prefer the the top of the leg, as it's meatier) is to pot roast. what I do is put the joint in a large casserole pot. Add chopped onion, garlic, juniper berries (crushed), root vegetables. season to taste and add enough liquid, water is ok as the lamb releases a lot of liquid as it cooks, to come halfway up the joint. then gently simmer the meat for 4 hours covered, turning once an hour. Then uncover and continue cooking for another hour. you end up with lamb that melts in the mouth and a tasty sauce as well. :D

One way I like to cook leg of lamb ( I prefer the the top of the leg, as it's meatier) is to pot roast. what I do is put the joint in a large casserole pot. Add chopped onion, garlic, juniper berries (crushed), root vegetables. season to taste and add enough liquid, water is ok as the lamb releases a lot of liquid as it cooks, to come halfway up the joint. then gently simmer the meat for 4 hours covered, turning once an hour. Then uncover and continue cooking for another hour. you end up with lamb that melts in the mouth and a tasty sauce as well. :D

I think I just dribbled a bit...