Tiger's 2010 reading list

Tiger

Hi all :) Haven't been on here much of late (way too busy with revision and coursework), and I admit that I won't be online as much as I used to be for these reasons, but here's what I've read so far this year- nowhere near what I've read on previous years...:

The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George 9/10

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory 9/10

Old Man And The Sea by Ernest Hemmingway * 5/10

Marked by PC and Kristen Cast 10/10

Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare * 10/10

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J K Rowling 8/10

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult 10/10

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory 9/10

Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey 10/10

Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir 10/10

The Lady In The Tower by Alison Weir 9/10

Hannah's Choice by Hannah and Kirsty Jones 9/10

Monarchy by David Starkey. 8/10

Henry by David Starkey. 8/10

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison 7/10

The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn 9/10

Betrayed by PC and Kristen Cast 10/10

Chosen by PC and Kristen Cast 10/10

* I admit that these two were reading prep for my English GCSE :D

Edited by Tiger

• 4 weeks later...

While on holiday, I read Hannah's Choice by Kirsty and Hannah Jones- a very moving real-life story about a young gir of my age- Hannah- who suffered from leukaemia from the age of four. The chemotherapy gave her a very rare side affect and gave her severe heart damage. Aged twelve, while the leukaemia was in remission, she went into severe heart failure, with heart fuction at just 10% of what it should be. After several years of severe pain and suffering, she turned down a heart transplant and caused great controversy. A very moving story told by Hannah and her mother Kirsty. 9/10

Hi Inver :motz: Nice to see you too :motz:

I thought that My Sister's Keeper was really good thanks, certainly found it very moving :P Have you ever read it?

Going to start Jurassic Park tonight ;)

• 1 month later...

Now reading a very, very good book that Mum got me at Hampton Court Palace on Wednesday, I can't put it down....

Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey. Two words- simply amazing. :blush: 800 pages, already nearly a quarter of the way through :lol:

• 1 month later...

For my birthday, I got The Lady In The Tower by Alison Weir and Henry by David Starkey. At Hever Castle on Saturday I got Elizabeth by David Starkey and at Tesco I got The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn (what, it was half price! :))

It's a bit of a mux ip trying to decide which to read next..... so I asked my history teacher today what to read next. She said one of the David Starkeys definitely, because my RE teacher is close friends with David Starkey :( Indeed they are.... she showed me a photo of my RE teacher's birthday party and the man himself is sat right next to her :(

• 3 weeks later...

Well as a reward for getting 100% attendance at school in the passed academic year, I was given £25 vouchers to spend on whatever I wanted. So I bought:

Withering Tights by Louis Rennison

Betrayedby PC and Kristen Cast

Chosenby PC and Kristen Cast

Monarchy by David Starkey.

Yesterday I finished Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, a read which took me just three days. It was very, very gripping. The reader feels incredibly sympathetic towards Lady Jane Grey, the protagonist, who endured a horrific childhood full of beatings and verbal abuse from her parents, for whom she was a mere polictical pawn. The story is told from the day Jane is born, right to the day she was beheaded after her reign of nine days.

I found this book incredible, extremely gripping. I would recommend it to anyone.

I am now reading Henryby David Starkey. I only started reading it this morning, and I must say already it's very, very good. I doubt it will last long :blush:

I must add to my "To Be Read": Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, and its sequel The Lost World- both of which I haven't read since I was twelve years old, which was three years ago now. If I remember correctly, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them :D

• 3 months later...

I have not read much recently, due to lots of revision and coursework. However, I have tried to read as much as I can...

Betrayed by PC and Kristen Cast

Henry by David Starkey.

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn

Now I am reading Chosen by PC and Kristen Cast.

Also on my To Be Read list is Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir, which I got on a recent school trip to Dover Castle (I could not resist :giggle2: )

I have not read much recently, due to lots of revision and coursework. However, I have tried to read as much as I can...

Betrayed by PC and Kristen Cast

Henry by David Starkey.

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn

Now I am reading Chosen by PC and Kristen Cast.

Also on my To Be Read list is Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir, which I got on a recent school trip to Dover Castle (I could not resist :giggle2: )

The Eleanor of Aquataine book is really excellent I hope you enjoy it :)

LOL, I do have to admit that I am a Louise Rennison fanatic. :giggle:

Now reading Eleanor of Aquitaine.

I thought that Chosen was excellent. The House of Night series are the only vampire books I like really; I must say that they are excellent books. :D