Tristan's Log of Logorrhea

Tristan

Haha no pressure, it's your thoughts rather than your ability to entertain me I'm interested in :D Still, it's always nice to read well-written reviews :D

I sometimes like writing reviews, and sometimes hate it. I spend more time formatting my review blog than actually posting reviews on it (I have it structured with links like an actual website, as opposed to archives like a blog). Drives me mad but I like to think it looks rather pretty.

... as you've stated elsewhere you like tragic love stories, may I strongly urge you to consider reading Carl-Johann Vallgren's The Horrific Sufferings of Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot, His Wonderful Love and His Terrible Hatred?

The clue to the plot is in the marvellously inventive British title - the original Swedish only tells us about the Wonderful Love. It's one of the most heartwrenchingly beautiful things I've ever read so I'm eager to share the (tragic) love!

Haha no pressure, it's your thoughts rather than your ability to entertain me I'm interested in :D Still, it's always nice to read well-written reviews :D

I sometimes like writing reviews, and sometimes hate it. I spend more time formatting my review blog than actually posting reviews on it (I have it structured with links like an actual website, as opposed to archives like a blog). Drives me mad but I like to think it looks rather pretty.

Always glad to hear other people are interested in your thoughts, of course. :D

Ah yes, I had a blog once.. About film. Been 2 and a half years since I last updated the bloody thing. I loved doing it, but the lack of feedback was a bit demoralizing. Should start again ( I feel more secure in my writing now), but I would need more time, I'm afraid. Oh well, if you're interested (it has THOUGHTS! :D ), here's the link :

http://capitalcinema.blogspot.com/

You should definitely get that up and running again! It looks great and I read the Eternal Sunshine review as I love that movie - it's a proper extensive, critical review, which I really like. I don't have a critical eye for movies so I wouldn't have been able to talk about the colours for example, but what you say is exactly right. I've 'followed' you, as my own blog is also on blogger and it gave me the option. Hope you don't mind!

I agree with Noll :D You should really get it up and running again.

I've just read your review of The Machinist as I've always wanted to see it. I didn't realise Christian Bale had dropped to such a low weight (and wanted to go further!!) It sounds like my kind of movie :D Great review!

Thanks Nollaig, that's so nice of you to say. Here, a virtual hug :D.

It sure looks nice (I like black and red :lol: ), but it's the reviews themselves that I'm not terribly satisfied about. I do realize I'm not writing in my native language, but I just wish they were better.. Am I too harsh for myself again? :D

I certainly don't mind you 'following' me, but I can't guarantee a fresh supply of reviews every week, month, or even year. I've been thinking about starting a blog concerning a whole array of subjects (film, literature, manga, comics, etc..) so if that one works out, I'll put the link in my signature. Thanks again! :D

Edit: You too, Nicola. Thank you. :D

No seriously, the reviews are great. I don't lie about that sort of thing, I just smile, nod and stay quiet if I think something is rubbish :D And I'm not worried about a fresh supply, it's on my feed now so if and when anything pops up I'll see it.

What I tend to do with my book blog is, anytime I have thoughts for a review, but not the mojo to write and perfect it, I just jot down my thoughts in a 'draft' post, and it's there for later. I have about 46 reviews done, and another 7 half done in drafts. It's a great motivator to come back to drafts, for me anyway. That way you're getting the content down while the thoughts are fresh, and keeping it out of prying eyes until it's ready.

As for adding literature, manga and comics, I think that's a great idea!