Reading for work or Pleasure?

Coffin Nail

Since I graduated last year I have been able to 100% read for pleasure. For about 5 years before that I always had lists of books that were to be read for college and uni so reading for pleasure always came second.

For me reading is entertainment and if I learn something in the process then that's a bonus. If I wanted to read something to expand my knowledge of an area I'm interested in then I would but for now I'm happy to take a break from text books and just read for fun :lol:.

not going to to put a split on this . Why? simply because, what I read as 'research', leads to ideas for writing, which leads to enjoyment for me ( and hopefully for others). Also much of the literature I read for pleasure, actually is also research, so one leads to the other , to the other...

not going to to put a split on this . Why? simply because, what I read as 'research', leads to ideas for writing, which leads to enjoyment for me ( and hopefully for others). Also much of the literature I read for pleasure, actually is also research, so one leads to the other , to the other...

I hope I remember your wise words next time I'm elbow deep in the Police Training Manual.

I've mostly read for pleasure. However a couple of years ago, I did do some reviews for a website. Now that started to spoil my pleasure. Some of the books I was asked to review were not very good at all.

I don't do reviews now, I don't have time with card making for charity and managing a card group

So it's back to reading for pleasure :smile2: