The Last Airbender

AbielleRose

The Last Airbender directed by M. Night Shyamalan

Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara (Nicola Peltz), a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), to restore balance to their war-torn world.

Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, the live-action feature film The Last Airbender is the opening chapter in Aang's struggle to survive.

Link to the trailer: http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/#home

This film looks really amazing, is anyone planning on seeing it?

Edited by CaliLily

Me! It's already on my list of movies I want to se this year - it looks like all kinds of awesome! :) I'm a Shyamalan fan anyway, but this looks like it could be something breathtaking!

I love The Sixth Sense and The Village. This one looks so different from his past work because of the fantasy aspact. It will be interesting to see him sort of break into a new type of film, so to speak. The special effects in this look amazing and just from the trailer you can tell that the film itself will be incredible. I just hope the story is as well.

Sixth Sense was good but it was spoilt for me because someone blurted out what was really going on 5 minutes into the film :) I think my favourite is The Village closely followed by Lady In The Water.

I don't think its possible for Shyamalan to make a bad movie.

Okay, I disagree, I was quite disappointed with the Happening. I was very excited about that, and in the end I was like.. what?

The TREES did all that? The plants, and trees made all those people go nuts?

I mean.. the rest of the film wasn't bad, but that one seriously disappointed me.

But I will love to watch this new film, seems great, loved the trailer.

Unbreakable is my least favourite of his movies

Mine too, I've seen it twice and I just can't bring myself to like it :D Unbreakable 2 is apparently about to go into production, don't think I shall bother seeing it if it ever gets made.