Your Monthly Book Spend

tunn300

I don't have a job, but I manage to save enough pocket money to buy about 5 books a semester... pretty small haul seeing as a semester lasts for five months, but I already have about 40 books tbr... :lol:

40?? That will keep you going for quite a while. I have 6 books on my 'To Be Read' list at the moment and i think thats a lot ha!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend a pretty steady 30-40 euro's a month. Mind you, this includes graphic novels and manga. It's a pretty costly business sometimes, so I'm trying to cut out on those. 'Normal' books are cheaper + they give you more bang for your buck. :lol:

What kind of books do you prefer reading then? Many good books have been released in the past 3 years so im sure, whatever your genre, you will have some great books to get stuck into.:lol:

Fantasy and classics mostly... I have only recently started widening my reading tastes. But I give preference to classics more than anything else. Something tells me that everything that is really worth reading was written before the 1900s ;)

Since I'm broke right now, I only spend about $10 a month on books (which is like one book a month), but normally I spend about $50 or so. My TBR pile is up to 60 books or so. :)

I'm poor-ish, but I buy books at the expense of food. :lol: Like last week, I was sick Mon-Wed and ate nothing, therefore did no shopping and spent an extra twenty quid on books. I also just spent three days at my parents, which cost me nothing, so I might get another book or two this week. Other times I might go a month without buying any.

What Noll said. If around town I've been known to skip lunch so that I might treat myself to a new book in that inspiring bookshop calling out to me; pretty much all my money is spent on books at the expense of food and clothes - books are all the food for thought and heartwarmers I need :lol: as to the actual monthly amount... I dread to think. It's probably in the interest of my murmuring, tachicardic heart if I don't think!

Im not poor but i need to be sensible with my money or else i will impulse buy. To the people who sarcrafice food for reading, try the library! I would not go hungry for the sake of a book that seems a bit over the top in my opinion.

Plenty of people who struggle to spend more than 10quid a month benefit greatly from the library so if its a choice between dinner or a new book i say bring on the food, the book will still be there when i get some cash!

To the people who sarcrafice food for reading, try the library! I would not go hungry for the sake of a book that seems a bit over the top in my opinion.
*sticks fingers in ears* la la la la, I can't hear you :friends0:!

Seriously though, I don't think it's over the top at all - it's all down to the kind of reader you are.

Personally, I form emotive attachments to the books that I enjoy meaning that I'm loath to give them back, aim to construct an impressive library to bequeath to my bookworm children, and consider re-reading to be one of the greatest pleasures in life. This being so,

*sticks fingers in ears* la la la la, I can't hear you :friends0:!

Seriously though, I don't think it's over the top at all - it's all down to the kind of reader you are.

Personally, I form emotive attachments to the books that I enjoy meaning that I'm loath to give them back, aim to construct an impressive library to bequeath to my bookworm children, and consider re-reading to be one of the greatest pleasures in life. This being so,

Im not poor but i need to be sensible with my money or else i will impulse buy. To the people who sarcrafice food for reading, try the library! I would not go hungry for the sake of a book that seems a bit over the top in my opinion.

Plenty of people who struggle to spend more than 10quid a month benefit greatly from the library so if its a choice between dinner or a new book i say bring on the food, the book will still be there when i get some cash!

I have been known to spend my last bit of cash on a book... In fact I did that just last week... :friends0: