Scariest film you have seen?

Lisa-Marie

I absolutely love horror films and we have quite a big collection :blush:

My favourites are probably The Descent, The Hills have Eyes (remake) and Let The Right One In (although to me it was more of a story about love and friendship)

The horror films that have disturbed/shocked me the most would have to be Martyrs, Frontiers and Irreversible (which i had to fast forward at one scene in particular)

The film that has scared me the most would probably be The Blair Witch Project (dont laugh :D) When we went to the cinema to see it it had just come out in the uk, and as far as we knew (or so the media led us to believe) it was infact a true story/real footage. I found the film really uncomfortable to watch - from when they lost the map and started going round in circles and losing the plot, right up until the end where Mike stood in the corner (at which point i shut my eyes because i was scared of what i might see :lol:)

Frotiers was good, but disturbing lol. I was going to get Irreversible until I heard about the 15 minute scene I'm guessing you had to fast forward! Inside is good so give that a go :lol:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen a film that has literally scared or disturbed me for quite some time.

Wrongly or rightly I was allowed to watch horror films as a young teenager, a few stick in my mind from that period:

Silver Bullet which I vaguely remember being about Werewolves and that they could only be killed with...a silver bullet. I was at my Nans house watching it one afternoon with my nan, grandad, 3 aunties, my mother and my nams pet staffordshire bulll terrier. There is a moment where one is shot and it goes totally silent for a few seconds, then all of a sudden it jumps up. Everyone in the room jumped, even the dog :blush:

I also remember having recurring nightmares for quite some time stemming from Salems Lot.

Ghost Ship I guess

I thought that was pretty scary too! :blush:

I also remember there being a scary scene in House On The Haunted Hill (the modern version) where a woman is filming an empty room through her camcorder. The room is empty until she looks through the lens and see's one of the asylum's patients being operated on alive by the lunatic doctors. Then they all look up and see her.......eeeeeeek! :lol:

The first time I watched Scream 3 I got really creeped out by the scene where

Sidney's mother is at the window

and I haven't watched that scene since, my TV always manages to switch off for that scene :blush:

The Descent is a really creepy movie but one of my favourites :lol:

Frotiers was good, but disturbing lol. I was going to get Irreversible until I heard about the 15 minute scene I'm guessing you had to fast forward! Inside is good so give that a go :roll:

Inside is about the baby isnt it? If i remember rightly i had a hard time trying to get a copy and gave up. Might have a look for one on ebay then :)

Yup that's the scene im talking about, and nothing in this world would make me sit through it again. It makes me cringe just thinking about it. Why it had to be quite so graphic or last so long is beyond me.

Ghost Ship creeped me out but I thought the end was a bit disappointing. Also 13 Ghosts made me jump out of my skin a couple of times.

Is that the movie that's set in a strange house, inherited from a distant relative?

Summary of 13 Ghosts:

Arthur and his two children, Kathy and Bobby, inherit his Uncle Cyrus's estate: a glass house that serves as a prison to 12 ghosts. When the family, accompanied by Bobby's Nanny and an attorney, enter the house they find themselves trapped inside an evil machine "designed by the devil and powered by the dead" to open the Eye of Hell. Aided by Dennis, a ghost hunter, and his rival Kalina, a ghost rights activist out to set the ghosts free, the group must do what they can to get out of the house alive.

Are there a lot of glass walls. Think I have seen it.

I remember watching Poltergeist when I was very young staying in some friends of my parents house, and then having to sleep in a room on my own..It was the sewing room and there was a life sized tailors dummy in the corner..I climbed into my parents bed that night :roll:

Inside is about the baby isnt it? If i remember rightly i had a hard time trying to get a copy and gave up. Might have a look for one on ebay then :)

Yup that's the scene im talking about, and nothing in this world would make me sit through it again. It makes me cringe just thinking about it. Why it had to be quite so graphic or last so long is beyond me.

I got Inside off Lovefilm! The ending is :roll::).

Yeah, not sure if I could sit through Irreversible! Think they tried to ban it over that one scene.

Yeah I think it's like a giant maze, only some of the doors open at certain times so they can get trapped in a corridor with a nasty ghost :roll: And I'm pretty sure it's all glass.

It's all glass (well... a fair proportion of it is glass) in the remake. The original is not the one with the glass. :) Actually, I'd say 99% of horror remakes are less scary than the originals, which kinda defeats the purpose of remaking them. On that note, please don't read reviews of The Wolfman...

Hehe thanks Nightwish that makes me feel so much better about it! :roll:

I don't know if you have heard of a film called Paranormal Activity. Same concept as The Blair Witch Project leading you to believe it is real footage but it is so scary! It is one of those films where you are expecting something really scary to happen all the time (as in every single scene!) and I ended up sleeping with the lights on for a week :).

Yeah I think it's like a giant maze, only some of the doors open at certain times so they can get trapped in a corridor with a nasty ghost :roll: And I'm pretty sure it's all glass.

spookily enough its on tv tonight..scary:D

I don't know if you have heard of a film called Paranormal Activity. Same concept as The Blair Witch Project leading you to believe it is real footage but it is so scary! It is one of those films where you are expecting something really scary to happen all the time (as in every single scene!) and I ended up sleeping with the lights on for a week :).

Yep we saw that at the cinema when it came out. There were a couple of scenes in particular that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :roll:

Summary of 13 Ghosts:

Arthur and his two children, Kathy and Bobby, inherit his Uncle Cyrus's estate: a glass house that serves as a prison to 12 ghosts. When the family, accompanied by Bobby's Nanny and an attorney, enter the house they find themselves trapped inside an evil machine "designed by the devil and powered by the dead" to open the Eye of Hell. Aided by Dennis, a ghost hunter, and his rival Kalina, a ghost rights activist out to set the ghosts free, the group must do what they can to get out of the house alive.

Oh yeah I've seen it and enjoyed it too :roll:

I don't know if you have heard of a film called Paranormal Activity. Same concept as The Blair Witch Project leading you to believe it is real footage but it is so scary! It is one of those films where you are expecting something really scary to happen all the time (as in every single scene!) and I ended up sleeping with the lights on for a week :(.

I almost fell asleep when watching this. Paranormal Activity I mean. It was soooo boring.. a guy at work told me he couldn't sleep the night after since it was so scary, so I thought, hey worth watching.

*yawns* But nope. I am sorry, but

doors slamming, footsteps in the hall and a girl being dragged from her bed,

all of that really doesn't scare me. Plus, the camera work was annoying, not to mention the guy and girl, they were so irritating that by the end of the film, they made me want to murder them myself. :lol:

So not scary, now if you'd name that one of the most boring films ever, I'd agree. :D

I almost fell asleep when watching this. Paranormal Activity I mean. It was soooo boring.. a guy at work told me he couldn't sleep the night after since it was so scary, so I thought, hey worth watching.

*yawns* But nope. I am sorry, but

doors slamming, footsteps in the hall and a girl being dragged from her bed,

all of that really doesn't scare me. Plus, the camera work was annoying, not to mention the guy and girl, they were so irritating that by the end of the film, they made me want to murder them myself. :(

So not scary, now if you'd name that one of the most boring films ever, I'd agree. :D

^ What she said. Paranormal Activity was laughable. I mean it really, really was.

Different opinions, I personally find The Exorcist to be a complete snoozefest but hey it doesn't really bother me how it affects anyone else :). But then different opinions lead to interesting conversations and debates ;). I'm not one to normally get scared by horrors, I usually avoid them due to how predictable and laughable they are and even if I do get scared I can laugh about it weeks later :(. I went to a friends house and we watched the new Friday the 13th film and she was hiding behind the pillow the whole time, could feel her jumping next to me a lot and I was just sat there in amazement like is it supposed to be scary yet? :D Sure a murderer won't scare me but face me with aliens or Count Duckula (I was 5 ok?!) and I go running :lol:.

Different opinions, I personally find The Exorcist to be a complete snoozefest but hey it doesn't really bother me how it affects anyone else :D.

Oh I wasn't replying to you, I didn't even see your post, I was just agreeing with Univerze's post independently of anyone else's. Sorry if you thought it was aimed at you, I was completely confused when I read your reply!

Oh I wasn't replying to you, I didn't even see your post, I was just agreeing with Univerze's post independently of anyone else's. Sorry if you thought it was aimed at you, I was completely confused when I read your reply!

No hard feelings Noll :D:( I didn't even notice your post either I just jumped straight in ;). The Exorcist/demons/Paranormal Activity, it all ties in :lol:! *Mental note: must read thread properly in future*.

Yeah I really need to pay more attention in threads! :D I happen to just see little bits and reply without considering them in context!

I'm trying to think of other films that have scared me.... usually films themselves don't scare me, it's my imagination when they're over! :(