Timeline - Michael Crichton

rtfree

Hi all. I just got done reading Michael Crichton's Timeline, and thought I'd post to find out what other people thought of it too.

I love sci-fi thrillers, so the first half of this novel really grabbed me. A lot of intriguing quantum physics / time travel stuff. However I did find that the Medieval setting for the latter half wasn't as interesting.

I also watched the movie after I finished. BIG mistake. It was terrible and they mullered the story!

I just started Jurassic Park which, having seen and loved the movie, I have much more confidence in!

I'v eonly ever see the film of Timeline, so I can't comment on how much it was like or unline the book. I did quite enjoy the film though - nothing spectacular, but easy enough entertainment if you're bored of an afternoon.

Jurassic Park, on the other hand, I read the summer the film was coming out. I was surprised at some of the changes made by the film-makers, but still thought it an excellent film and a wonderful book. The book is far more in-depth and, if I remember correctly, pays more attention to the science and chaos theory side of things than the film did, but not in a dry or boring way - it made it all sound very exciting and made me wish I was a biology buff or a maths whizz!

I actually read the book several times as I enjoyed it so much. I hope you will enjoy it too. :D

I am enjoying Jurassic Park thoroughly. It made me laugh that one of the first scenes of the book is actually the first scene of the second JP movie.

And with regards to Timeline, it's possible that I thought less of the movie because I knew how much they chopped and changed. It felt very rushed to me. Then again, I'm a leisurely reader!