Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have discarded Narrow Dog to Carcassonne because it was making me lose my mojo, man!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get on with that book. I read it a couple of years ago - hated the style completely, in fact, the only good thing about it was the whippet!

Well done, Poppyshake. :smile2: Did you love it? Should I try again?

No I'm afraid I didn't love it on the whole Janet ... it was just too much of a struggle .. I loved bits of it but I wouldn't want to have to read it again. You can feel your mojo slipping away as you read it.

Funnily enough, your not-too-keen review convinced me that I would absolutely love Byatt, Poppy :smile2: if they're well-written, I love socio-politico-theological tangents so she sounds just right up my street!

No I'm afraid I didn't love it on the whole Janet ... it was just too much of a struggle .. I loved bits of it but I wouldn't want to have to read it again. You can feel your mojo slipping away as you read it.

Thanks. Life's too short so I shall pass it on. :smile2:

I was so drawn to the cover! I discovered afterwards that it's a Lalique design and I really like some of his work (although not all), so that's why.

I'm reading Q & A by Vikas Swarup and so far it's fantastic! Danny Boyle based Slumdog Millionnaire on it but so far I've only found a few similarities. Hopefully I'll read a few chapters tonight before I doze off :smile2:

Read a bit more of Vlad - absolutely loving it and flying through it when I pick it up but I'm having an 'art attack' lately and am doing little else.

Also received 'Cinema Blue' by Sue Rulliere in the post to review.

STILL NONE. It's been bl**dy weeks now. I thought my reading mojo was creeping back, but not a chance of it. I'm close to tearing hair out now. Grrrrr :D, boo hoo :D.

It will come back hen, I know it will :smile2::lol:

It will come back hen, I know it will :smile2::lol:

Maybe I should type out some random words from great works, print off a sheet and tear them up, and drop them around the place as literary 'breadcrumbs' that my mojo will be compelled to follow. :D What do you reckon?

Did you ever see the Sprite drink ads? I always imagine my reading mojo as looking like this little fella

sprite.jpg

STILL NONE. It's been bl**dy weeks now. I thought my reading mojo was creeping back, but not a chance of it. I'm close to tearing hair out now. Grrrrr :smile2:, boo hoo :D.

I

I've just received my replacement First Among Sequels and Nursery Crime books, this time with my name spelt right and the postcards all different :smile2: Jasper's really outdone himself!

That's one scary looking mojo, Chrissy! :smile2:

Next up for me in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos. It was published in the 1920s and I have a nicely illustrated edition.