James Patterson / Patricia Cornwell.. correct order?

boris

We tried reading one ofPatricia Cornwall's Scarpetta novels in the reading circle, but as it was one of the later ones, it wasn't much good for those of us who hadn't read the rest of the series, so I'd say definitely read those ones in order. I've never read any James Patterson though, so I'm afraid I can't really help you on that one.

o thank you alot michelle :) do you have any idea?

I haven't read any Patricia Cornwell, but I know a few here have, so someone should help soon. In the meantime, you could take a look at her site.. http://www.patricia-cornwell.com

As for James Patterson, I think I've read one or two, and I have no idea if they are in a certain order. This might help.. http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_readingOrder.html

hi Boris.....I have read most of P. Corwell's books....it would probably be a good idea to read them in order...that way you'll have a much better understanding on the characters and what they go through. But she does have a couple out that don't feature Kay Scarpetta (trust me, skip those). Also, I will admit her last couple Kay Scarpetta stories haven't exactly been up to par in my opinion. Anyone else agree?

hope this helps!

according to a friend of mine, she is releasing a new book on 10/31/06.....but I just checked Amazon, and it say 09/01/07!!! (although the friend lives in England) they wouldn't put something that far in advance, would they?!?!? :grr:

according to a friend of mine, she is releasing a new book on 10/31/06.....but I just checked Amazon, and it say 09/01/07!!! (although the friend lives in England) they wouldn't put something that far in advance, would they?!?!? :grr:

Could that be a mix up with English and American dates, your first date is American 31st October (has to be) but the second in American is 1st September but in English is 9th January 2007 which would make more sense.

Could that be a mix up with English and American dates, your first date is American 31st October (has to be) but the second in American is 1st September but in English is 9th January 2007 which would make more sense.

possibly. I will have to do a bit more digging and get back with a correct answer :)

ok...I found this...maybe someone else can make some sense of it :)

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/patricia-cornwell/book-of-dead.htm

I can understand authors not wanting to be inundated with emails from fans.. but many are quite willing to do it. I'm sure the popular ones could filter their emails through their agents or something.

I've had dealings with a few authors now.. and I'm impressed with the ones that have taken the time to respond. Others have just ignored me.. or don't even have a way of contacting them at all.

As most of you probably know. We live in the woods and are a little isolated. Our neighbor lives a little distance from us. Some evenings he will go out on the porch and play either a guitar or a mandolin and we will sit on our porch and listen. He is really good and has a great style of playing, when he plays the guitar sometimes it sounds like there are 2 people playing.

Sorry about taking this off-topic. I wonder if I should delete the bit about her being flaky. If she was to read this thread she would get upset. :)

He is really good and has a great style of plating, when he plays the guitar sometimes it sounds like there are 2 people playing.

Sounds like an African style, probably brought westward in the slave trade or some such time. Sorry for continuing this off topic theme. Can't help sharing knowledge when I have studied music for five years..

I managed to track down an address for a publisher, and this was her response..

Thanks for contacting us about Patricia Cornwell. The publication of BOOK OF THE DEAD has been postponed. It will not be published in the UK prior to the U.S. If you saw a UK pub date that precedes the US pub date somewhere it may just be that the information had not been updated. The new publication date has not been confirmed as of yet.

I managed to track down an address for a publisher, and this was her response..

Thanks for contacting us about Patricia Cornwell. The publication of BOOK OF THE DEAD has been postponed. It will not be published in the UK prior to the U.S. If you saw a UK pub date that precedes the US pub date somewhere it may just be that the information had not been updated. The new publication date has not been confirmed as of yet.

I wonder what they are waiting for....? Thanks a lot Michelle...appreciated :)