Hiya!

vinay87

My name's Vinay Keerthi and I'm from Bangalore, India. I decided I needed to find people who read books like I do since my friends abhor the habit (!) and so found myself here early this morning.

I've been an avid reader since the eighth grade before which I didn't really like anything other than comics. I admit that I don't read as much as I would like to, money playing a role in the matter. I own a mere 200 books and don't frequent a library, or atleast I haven't in about 10 years.

I also write for a hobby and I've completed two books, though I've sent neither in for publication. Both of them need a lot more work but writing the next book is so much fun that I keep putting the editing off.

I mostly read fantasy but I also enjoy classics. Some of my favourite authors are Saki (H H Munro), Robert Jordan, Terry Brooks, J R R Tolkien, G R R Martin, Jonathan Stroud, David and Leigh Eddings, J K Rowling, Agatha Christie, P G Wodehouse.

My favourite books are Victor Hugo's Les Miserables; Fyodor Doestovsky's The Brothers Karamazov; Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre; J R R Tolkien's The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings; Agatha Christie's ABC Murders, Parker Pyne Investigates, The Mysterious Mr. Quin; Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveller's Wife; Alistair Maclean's Guns Of Navarone, Force 10 From Navarone, Night Without End; Stephen King's On Writing; P G Wodehouse's Heart Of A Goof, Right Ho! Jeeves; John Grisham's The Rainmaker, Bleachers among others.

Oh wow, I feel this forum working wonders for me already. I haven't read new books by Grisham, Maclean, Christie and Wodehouse in more than six years! Time to make a TBR list!

Hello again and I hope to meet a lot of people with a taste for books I love here.