Once by Morris Gleitzman

Janet

• 2 months later...

Just finished this and came to say thanks for the recommendation Janet as I thoroughly enjoyed it! Such a sad story though, but like you I can't wait to carry on with the story in the next book. I heard there's a third and final book coming out at some point this year too :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

And thanks - I didn't know there was going to be a third. :) I haven't read the second one yet but will try to soon.

ETA: It's out on 6th May and is called 'Now'.

Edited by Janet

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Janet and Lexie :(

I added 'Once' to my wishlist after reading Janet's review and having never getting around to purchasing it, I was pleased to see the two books in one because I knew if I enjoyed the story I would want to know what happened next. I enjoyed the story and did want to know what happened.

'Once' and 'Then' are both brilliant books which I enjoyed. Morris Gleitzman shows the horror of the war through a child's eye while retaining a child's innocence.

Felix and Zelda are such lovely and remarkable characters and the characters they meet on their journey are just as lovely and remarkable and they show the courage of people and what you will do to protect your family, no matter how mismatched they are.

Excellent.:)