Glee

AbielleRose

Set within the fictional William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio, Glee follows the story of a group of high school misfits and their director/ Spanish teacher Will Schuester as their school's show choir New Directions! makes their way towards sectionals.

This series is quickly becoming one of my favorites. They couldn't have found a more talented cast to play the tough lead musical roles. Lea Michele (Rachel) has one of the most beautiful and powerful singing voices I have heard and the rest of the cast doesn't fall too deep into her shadow.

I should be getting my copy of season 1 in the mail sometime early next week :lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this show! It's great, with a lot of humour. I saw the pilot before Xmas and then watched it again with the next episode on Monday.

The portrayal of the High School "caste" system reminded me of Buffy. Are American High Schools really like that? Everyone's so cruel! I was so glad when the football guy stepped in to save the disabled guy they'd locked in the portaloo.

I like the main teacher guy - isn't his wife a nightmare? "I'm on my feet four hours a day, three days a week here!" :lol: And to deceive him how she is... Can't wait for the next episode. :D

I've only seen the first two episodes too but I'm addicted to it already :D I cannot wait for Monday night's now. I'm so glad there's 22 episodes! I know what you mean about the school system being similar to Buffy, particularly the cheerleaders :lol: They're always so mean. Although I love Sue.

I have only watched the first episode so far and I really enjoyed it. I need to watch the second episode which I have on Sky+. I recongnise the main girl in the glee club - has she been in anything before?

As far as I know this is her first tv role as more than an extra. She did a few years on Broadway, though.

She does look like a younger version of Idina Menzel who played Maureen in Rent (both the Broadway and the movie version) and Elphaba in Wicked.

The whole cast is crazy talented! The soundtracks are amazing to listen to because even though they are cover songs, they are almost as good if not better than the originals IMO.

I'm totally in love with Glee!! It's just easy viewing, non-offensive, happy tv :friends0:

I watched the first two episodes instead of revising the other day but now I'm impatient for the next one. I didn't like Quinn or the teacher's wife. I thought the cheerleader's coach was slightly deranged and the headmaster is crazy :censored: I love Kurt, he's so funny! The actress that play Rachel is brilliant and I quite liked Finn too. Hopefully as the show progresses we get to find out more about the other members of Glee :)

I was really disappointed with last night's episode. ;) I loved the first two, but this one just bored me. I hope it goes back to its usual high standard!

Me too :lol: Not a great deal happened really did it. Hopefully next week will have a higher dose of energy :roll: