Dying to Tell - Robert Goddard

simonl

Hi all just finished reading this book and can highly recomend this book and this author.

ISBN 0-552-14877-6

The blurb: Lance Bradley idling his life away in the little Somerset town of Glastonbury, suddenly receives a call for help from the eccentric sister of his old friend Rupert Alder.

Rupe appears to have vanished without trace. Reluctantly, Lance goes to London, to discover that Rupe's employers want him tried for fraud. A Japanese businessman claims he has stolen a document of huge importance. And a private detective is demanding money for trying to trace,on Rupe's behalf, an American called Townley, who was involved in a mysterious death at Wilderness Farm, near Glastonbury, back in 1963.

No sooner has Lance decided that whatever Rupe was up to is too risky to get involved in than he finds that he already is involved, and the only way out is to get in deeper still. Where is Rupe? What is the document he has stolen? who is Townley? And what happened at Widerness Farm nearly thirty years before that holds the key to a secret more amazing than Lance Bradley could ever have imagined?

Hi all, thanks for replying to my first book post.

Really sorry for not adding my own views on the book:blush: It took ages to get down the blurb ( I don't type well ) and it was late too.

This is the second book by Robert Goddard i have read the other being his latest i think called Found Wanting.

The book starts with the main character who seems to lead a normal um drum life who meets up with someone from his past, this meeting leads him into twists and turns through out. There is plenty of traveling around the world for Lance Bradley in the book. I think it has a good plot and is a good read, which only took me a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review - I'll add it to my TBR pile! I've read a couple of his now, Sea Change; which I really enjoyed & "End of the pier" or something like that, which (as you can probably guess by the fact I can't remember the title) I wasn't too keen on.

Regards

Ian