Need help with book

Gator

After the Fact by James West Davidson and Mark Hamilton Lytle

What is the difference between the Volume II 6th Edition and Volume I 5th Edition? I am a broke college student and the professor wants me to get the 6th edition of this book but he tells me that we are not reading the whole book. The books are expensive especially when I don't work.

Volume one will be the first half of the book, volume 2 the second. The edition refers to how many lots have been printed, but sometimes changes are made between editions so if your professor wants you to have the sixth edition there is probably something in it which is different from the fifth.

If you are not reading the whole thing but are reading no more than 10% then you could photocopy (if it is a course book it will probably be in the library) as this doesn't break copywrite (at least in the UK) alternatively you could borrow it from the library once you know which parts you will have to read.

Thanks for your quick reply. The professor was talking about reading specific cases only. I'm not sure if its a course book, I hope that the book is in the college library so I can photocopy it since the latest version is 2009.

REALLY long shot, but sometimes there are textbooks on half.com (subsidiary of ebay) that sell for WAY less money.. You could check there and ebay as well. Not sure it will help, but wanted to pass along just in case!