Books you're looking forward to in 2010

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing really jumping out to me but throughout January I'll be making myself a Wishlist. Other than those that'll be on there, I'm looking forward to making a dent in my TBR pile more than anything.

I am looking forward to Shades of Grey.

Is anyone here going to the book signings at the end of the month?

I can't wait for the new Sookie Stackhouse book to come out and I'm also looking forward to the new House of Night book.

Can't think of anything else at the mo...but as soon as I've finished writing this I'm sure I will think of something else!

I am looking forward to Shades of Grey.

Is anyone here going to the book signings at the end of the month?

I might be able to make the one in Milton Keynes on the 29th; I live in London and would have gladly gone to the Liverpool one as well, but both his London and Liverpool dates are a bit iffy for me :lol:.

I've discovered a second book I'm looking foward to, and that's Passing Strange, Book 3 in Daniel Waters' Generation Dead series. If The Kiss of Life (Book 2) is any good then I'll definitely get this, although I'll have to wait for the paperback as I have the other two in paperback.

I must say, the hardcovers with the tacky dead cheerleaders on the front are growing on me, but I shan't spoil the symmetry of my shelves and replacing the first two is out of the question 'cos Generation Dead was a present from OH :blush: oh well.

Saw an ad for another book coming out this year here...

The Nanny Returns

by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus.

It's the sequel to The Nanny Diaries .. Fun!!

Ooooh excellent news, Bethany! I loved The Nanny Diaries and have been waiting for another installment :). Thanks for sharing!

You'd think I'd learn my lesson about movies inspired by books.. they're just so rarely ever the same! I'll be sure not to watch the sequel-inspired movie if they make one.. Hopefully we'll both get our hands on the actual book before too long. I'll have to check exactly when it comes out.

I don't really follow authors anymore, since all the ones I used to follow have finished their series, so aren't really any books I'm waiting for.

Having said that, I've just remembered that the new Skulduggery Pleasant book is out in April. It's a kids book, but it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine. Ooh, I'm all excited now. Can't wait!

It looks as though Bill Bryson has a couple of new books out this year, I'm looking forward to those!

Have you heard what they're about? I might have to do a bit of hunting around. I'm a big fan. :)

Have you heard what they're about? I might have to do a bit of hunting around. I'm a big fan. :D

There is this one: At Home: An Informal History of Private Life

Here is a section of the synopsis: He started a journey around his house, an old rectory in Norfolk, wandering from room to room considering how the ordinary things in life came to be. Along the way he allowed himself delightful digressions on the history of everything from architecture to epidemics, from food preservation to the discovery of electricity, and from crinolines to toilets. And to his dismay, he also encountered a terrifying variety of dangers to our health and happiness. Where the prizewinning "A Short History of Nearly Everything" was a sweeping survey of Earth, the universe and everything, "At Home" is an inwards look at all human life through a domestic telescope. Because, as Bryson says, our homes aren't refuges from history. They are where history begins and ends.

I think this sounds really interesting. Apparently it came about due to his wife wishing that he would for once write a book that didn't involve him leaving the house :)