Dan's lists 2010

DanC_84

Books read in 2010

The Loop - Nicholas Evans (8/10)

The Secret History - Donna Tartt (9/10)

The Boy Next Door - Josie Lloyd & Emlyn Rees (2/10)

On Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan (5/10)

Dark Lover - JR Ward (5/10)

Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (7/10)

The House at Riverton - Kate Morton (8/10)

Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Marukami (currently reading)

To be read

The Associate - John Grisham

The Main Chance - Colin Forbes

Blood Storm - Colin Forbes

Claudius the God - Robert Graves

Guilty Pleasures - LK Hamilton

Exclusive - Sandra Brown

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

Lucas - Kevin Brooks

The Surgeon - Tess Gerritson

Stolen - Kelley Armstrong

Vengeance in Death - JD Robb

A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini

A Whisper of Roses - Teresa Medeiros

The Dark Part of Me - Belinda Burns

The Luxe - Anna Godbersen

Perfume - Patrick Suskind

The Memory Garden - Rachel Hore

The Collector - John Fowles

How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff

The Seven Year Itch - Josie Lloyd & Emlyn Rees

One-hit Wonder - Lisa Jewell

Wishlist

The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite - Beatrice Colin

The Outcast - Sadie Jones

The Given Day - Dennis Lehane

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thompson

The Apple - Michel Faber

The Madonna of the Almonds - Marina Fiorato

The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald

One Day - David Nicholls

The Confessions of Max Tivoli - Andrew Sean Greer

Tully - Paullina Simons

Eleven Hours - Paullina Simons

Red Leaves - Paullina Simons

Resistance - Anita Shreve

Sundowners - Lesley Lokko

After Dark - Haruki Murakami

Fall on Your Knees - Ann-Marie MacDonald

Into the Wilderness - Sara Donati

Beach Music - Pat Conroy

Luxury - Jessica Ruston

The Love of My Life - Louise Douglas

At the Sign of the Sugared Plum - Mary Hooper

The Winter House - Nicci Gerrard

Of Vicars and Tarts - Sonja Bigg

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Ghostwritten - David Mitchell

Getting the Girl - Markus Zusak

Edited by DanC_84

Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes

The Luxe - Anna Godbersen

The House at Riverton - Kate Morton

I loved all of these, Dan! I hope you enjoy them, too. :) I can't wait to see what you think!

"The Outcast" is also on my list. So many books to read.. I'll never make it through them all. :)

I loved all of these, Dan! I hope you enjoy them, too. :) I can't wait to see what you think!

"The Outcast" is also on my list. So many books to read.. I'll never make it through them all. :)

For sure. I read 60 last year, but I am a lot busier now so I am only aiming for 30. It will still be a bit of a challenge though I think.

You have some great reads ahead of you there! Perfume is one of thoe total-sensory-immersion-type books and is so unusual. Jane Eyre is one of my favourite novels and Kelley Armsgtrong one of my favourite authors, so another 2 good'und there.

I also read I, Claudius a little while ago, so I've been meaning to get hold of Claudius the God and will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it! :)

The Secret History - Donna Tartt

Perfume - Patrick Suskind

The Collector - John Fowles

The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald

I've read all of these and enjoyed them all, especially The Secret History, Jane Eyre and Perfume. I hope you'll like them!

Guilty Pleasures - LK Hamilton

Stolen - Kelley Armstrong

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thompson

The Confessions of Max Tivoli - Andrew Sean Greer

I've also got these on my wishlist/TBR, I'll be following your blog to see what you thought of these :)

Happy reading Dan!

Excellent looking lists, Dan! I've read and loved Fear and Loathing as well as Great Gatsby, so I hope you enjoy them :). I'm also excited to see Secret History on another list this year - I LOVED that one! I'm looking forward to tracking down some LK Hamilton, and I also have the Kate Morton on my TBR shelf.

I saw you have Madonna of the Almonds also listed. Have you read 'The Glass Blower of Murano?' I've had that one on my wishlist for sometime now.

I have read all of these books and thoroughly enjoyed them, Wuthering Heights is such a beautiful book/

The Secret History - Donna Tartt

On Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan

The Boy Next Door - Josie Lloyd & Emlyn Rees

One-hit Wonder - Lisa Jewell

The Surgeon has been recommended to me by Charm so I am goingto add that to my to be read pile

I was wondering, have you read anything by Paullina Simons before? :roll:

Hey Nightwish. Yeah I have - 'The Girl in Times Square', last year. I liked it so I googled some of her others and liked the sound of them.

You have some great reads ahead of you there! Perfume is one of thoe total-sensory-immersion-type books and is so unusual. Jane Eyre is one of my favourite novels and Kelley Armsgtrong one of my favourite authors, so another 2 good'und there.

I also read I, Claudius a little while ago, so I've been meaning to get hold of Claudius the God and will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it! :roll:

Cool. My girlfriend read and really enjoyed 'Perfume' so I am looking forward to that one.

I really enjoyed 'I, Claudius', but I read it a few years back when I was studying ancient history at University. I have been meaning to get around to 'Claudius the God' but never actually have. It will definately happen this year.

Excellent looking lists, Dan! I've read and loved Fear and Loathing as well as Great Gatsby, so I hope you enjoy them :roll:. I'm also excited to see Secret History on another list this year - I LOVED that one! I'm looking forward to tracking down some LK Hamilton, and I also have the Kate Morton on my TBR shelf.

I saw you have Madonna of the Almonds also listed. Have you read 'The Glass Blower of Murano?' I've had that one on my wishlist for sometime now.

No I haven't. I think I read a really positive review for 'The Madonna of the Almonds' on here which prompted me to put it on my wishlist. I'm really looking forward to buying and reading Fear and Loathing and the Great Gatsby as well. Enjoy Kate Morton. I have only read 'The Forgotten Garden' so far but I loved it.

Enjoy Kate Morton. I have only read 'The Forgotten Garden' so far but I loved it.

I read "The House at Riverton" and loved it, and have "The Forgotten Garden" on my list.. So happy to hear you liked it! Lots of people I've talked with about it like it even more than THAR.

I read "The House at Riverton" and loved it, and have "The Forgotten Garden" on my list.. So happy to hear you liked it! Lots of people I've talked with about it like it even more than THAR.

Haha, that's funny because it is actually the opposite for me. THe people I know that have read both actually preferred THAR or 'THe Shifting Fog' as it is known over here to 'THe Forgotten Garden'. The Forgotten Garden is great though, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Hey Nightwish. Yeah I have - 'The Girl in Times Square', last year. I liked it so I googled some of her others and liked the sound of them.

Oh thats good then :roll: I have one of her books sitting on my bookcase that my nan got me for Xmas 2008. I've recently been wanting to read it but have been prefering to stick to stuff I know.

To be read

How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff

Fantastic list Dan, I absolutely loved those four in particular. 'How I Live Now' is one of my favourite books ever.

Wishlist

The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite - Beatrice Colin

The Outcast - Sadie Jones

Those are two that I want to read too .. I bought my Mum 'Lilly Aphrodite' in the hope that she would quickly read it and pass it on to me .. she hasn't read it yet (best laid plans!!). I'm wondering just how rude it would be to borrow a book you bought for someone before they've had a chance to read it.

Dan! Long time no speak, how are you?

Good luck with the reading anyway in 2010. :roll:

Hey Ben, yeah I'm good, hope all is well with you. First week back at work after holidays right now so that is always tough. Its hot as hell over here at the moment which I'm guessing isn't exactly a massive problem for you guys over there. Hope you enjoy your reading in 2010 and have a great year all round.

Oh, you're in for a treat with Donna Tartt's The Secret History. :lol: That was one of my favourites last year and it's stuck with me all the way since reading it.

I really have got to read this. Everyone seems to love it and it has been sitting on my pile for close to a year. I think I will start it after I'm done with 'THe Loop'.

Fantastic list Dan, I absolutely loved those four in particular. 'How I Live Now' is one of my favourite books ever.

Those are two that I want to read too .. I bought my Mum 'Lilly Aphrodite' in the hope that she would quickly read it and pass it on to me .. she hasn't read it yet (best laid plans!!). I'm wondering just how rude it would be to borrow a book you bought for someone before they've had a chance to read it.

Cheers poppy, I think I'm going to pick that book up the next time I raid The Book Depository. I'd steal it. It isn't like you haven't given her fair chance.

Edited by Janet

I really have got to read this. Everyone seems to love it and it has been sitting on my pile for close to a year. I think I will start it after I'm done with 'THe Loop'.

I really have to get around to The Secret History too. It seems just about everyone here except you and I have read it, Dan. :roll: It sounds great, but somehow there are always other books needing to be read before it. :lol:

Hey Ben, yeah I'm good, hope all is well with you. First week back at work after holidays right now so that is always tough. Its hot as hell over here at the moment which I'm guessing isn't exactly a massive problem for you guys over there. Hope you enjoy your reading in 2010 and have a great year all round.

All is great thanks, just worried about exams coming up soon. It's snowing so your right. :roll: It's no problem, haha. I will thanks, same to you!

Yo! Ayup Dan. How're you doing? Scarlette's correct, you know. The Secret History is an amazingly good book. One of my very favourites. Hope you're tip top, fella.

Yo! Ayup Dan. How're you doing? Scarlette's correct, you know. The Secret History is an amazingly good book. One of my very favourites. Hope you're tip top, fella.

Cheers Mac, same to you.

I think it was one of your recommendations that side-tracked me from 'The Secret History' originally. So yeah, it is kind of all your fault.

I finished 'The Loop' by Nicholas Evans last night. Pretty decent, I rated it 8/10.

I have now started 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt. It feels like it has been on my list of books to read forever and I have never actually gotten round to reading it, so I have decided to rectify that.