Beth's Bookshelf 2010

bethany725

Frankie, Peace, & Charm -- I will eagerly await each of your arrivals! Anyone else want to come to the good ol' Northeast? We can read books and brush each other's hair... :lol::lol:

I did express a BIG interest in heading to Salem after reading The Lost Book of Salem, so I'm in! I'm not sure about the communal grooming, though! :roll::lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Communal grooming :lol: I wouldn't mind that though, I love it when someone else brushes my hair, or even massages my head. It's lovely :roll:

Okay I guess I'll start saving money....

Me too! When I was a little girl I had really long hair and after I'd had a bath and washed it, my Dad used to sit me on his knee and gently brush out the tangles and keep brushing until it was dry. Half the time I fell asleep and he had to put me to bed! :lol: It was wonderful :lol:

Edit: Sorry, nothing whatsoever to do with your book reading Beth :D

Why, thank you! I am VERY excited about my wishlist.. So fun! I've had this Mark Haddon book on my list for so long now.. I am DEFINITELY going to get it this year.

Frankie, Peace, & Charm -- I will eagerly await each of your arrivals! Anyone else want to come to the good ol' Northeast? We can read books and brush each other's hair... :lol::lol:

Not a problem, I await your thoughts. :D

Hmm, I'm a bit worried. I'm presuming your invitation was extended to all the other BCF members as well? :roll: Well, I don't think anyone would have any luck trying to brush my hair. :lol:

Kylie, I am GREAT at hairstyling.. I've practiced on MULTIPLE Barbies, and Skipper, too. My speci-ality is drying curly hair stick straight. Line up, people!

I did express a BIG interest in heading to Salem after reading The Lost Book of Salem, so I'm in! I'm not sure about the communal grooming, though!

Oh, you're in, Janet.. Don't act like you're too good for some good ol' hair brushin'! :lol:

That makes it sound scary! :)

Shh.. not scary.. not scary.. there there. See, Janet?! You've riled her up!

Me too! When I was a little girl I had really long hair and after I'd had a bath and washed it, my Dad used to sit me on his knee and gently brush out the tangles and keep brushing until it was dry. Half the time I fell asleep and he had to put me to bed! It was wonderful :lol:

Aww that is sweet.. My dad didn't know how to do a thing with my hair. I always looked like such a puffball if Mom wasn't there to fix my hair and Dad had to do it. One side wet and curly, one side dry and frizzy.. he didn't even know to MOVE the hairdryer around my head. Nice.

Edit: Sorry, nothing whatsoever to do with your book reading Beth :(

Don't care. Nope. :blush:

Hmm, I'm a bit worried. I'm presuming your invitation was extended to all the other BCF members as well? :D Well, I don't think anyone would have any luck trying to brush my hair.

ABSOLUTELY it's extended to all.. But you do have to go at the back of the line of the hair-brushing chain since you can brush but not really BE brushed... You understand. If you bring some other boys along, you don't have to sit at the very back.

We clearly need to have a BCF shindig out on the east coast so we can all bond . Will your pad hold everyone, Bethany? And how far are you from the ginormous B&N? OMG I hope they sell Starbucks!

It's not only the GINORMOUS one, it's the ORIGINAL Barnes & Noble. Fancy, eh??? Have I tempted you enough?? If not, I have a whole slew of bookstores (new AND used) with which to ploy you. Yes, there's room for one and all. Grab your hairbrushes (Ben, you too) and bookbags, move the cat and the Raja out of your way, and laydown your pallets, people!

Communal grooming?! I'm so there!

Oh.... you want to read books, too?

...and Salem?

Oh I suppose we could do those things... if we must....

( :D )

See? Nollaig's got her priorities straight. Take a cue, people!

It's not only the GINORMOUS one, it's the ORIGINAL Barnes & Noble. Fancy, eh??? Have I tempted you enough?? If not, I have a whole slew of bookstores (new AND used) with which to ploy you.

Sounds like heaven!

Yes, there's room for one and all. Grab your hairbrushes (Ben, you too) and bookbags, move the cat and the Raja out of your way, and laydown your pallets, people!

:) Poor Raja!

Yeah, and if anyone knows any single, say 30-something boys, could you bring them to Beth's as well? Thanks :D.

Single twenty-something extroverts with glasses and a high I.Q for me please.

I don't ask for much do I? :blush:

Not much no :lol:

I'm surprised you two didn't request sparkly beings and hot werewolves! :lol:

Oh, you're in, Janet.. Don't act like you're too good for some good ol' hair brushin'! :D

Shh.. not scary.. not scary.. there there. See, Janet?! You've riled her up!

Sowwy!

:blush:

So, what are you actually reading at the moment, Beth?

It's mine, and I love it! :D I do not mind one tiny bit that we're WAY off-topic. I'm fairly certain now that after all this that not one of you would ever visit NYC without letting me know you're coming. And that's what's important. :D

Hey... can't blame me for aiming high. :jump: Now even though it APPEARS that I didn't get what I wanted (read: all of BCF moving to NYC), I'm still faring well because I may get to have visitors if anyone actually visits NYC for vaca. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D:D

ABSOLUTELY it's extended to all.. But you do have to go at the back of the line of the hair-brushing chain since you can brush but not really BE brushed... You understand. If you bring some other boys along, you don't have to sit at the very back.

Grumble I'm going to have mine spiked by Kylie. :D

Hey. I have no hair (I shave it every other day along with me beard!), so where do I go in the line when I'm in NY?

Yeah, and if anyone knows any single, say 30-something boys, could you bring them to Beth's as well? Thanks :D.

I'm thirty-something, Marcia (and have, on occasion, even been described as 'handsome'...oh, no. Sorry, I mean 'weird looking'...:D)

Grumble I'm going to have mine spiked by Kylie. :blush:

:lol: I should warn you that I've never spiked hair before, so I take no responsibility for the outcome!

Hey. I have no hair (I shave it every other day along with me beard!), so where do I go in the line when I'm in NY?

Hmm...can we shine your head for you?

I'm thirty-something, Marcia (and have, on occasion, even been described as 'handsome'...oh, no. Sorry, I mean 'weird looking'...:blush:)

:lol: I highly doubt the weird looking part, Mac! A shiny headed musician with an accent? You'd be the hit of any NYC shindig!

If you have no hair to spike, you can just walk around telling everyone else how pretty they look and make Jesus toast for everyone :lol:.

Hmm...can we shine your head for you?

Like some new variation of an Indian Head Massage? You had me at "Hello"! :blush:

:lol: I highly doubt the weird looking part, Mac! A shiny headed musician with an accent? You'd be the hit of any NYC shindig!
You had me at "Hello"! :lol::lol:

If you have no hair to spike, you can just walk around telling everyone else how pretty they look and make Jesus toast for everyone :lol:.
I make a mean coffee as well. I'll come suited and booted and be the perfect Englishman - think Giles off Buffy.

I wish. Handsome cur.

Sigh...;)