Nicola's Reading List 2010

Nicola

So......in 2009 I read 48 books which is probably the most I've ever read in a year :) In 2010 I'm hoping to read a book a week and hopefully finish Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

Books Read

Jan - Mar

A Touch of Dead - Charlaine Harris (3/5)

The Vampire Armand - Anne Rice (4/5)

Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (re-read 4/5)

Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris (re-read 4/5)

Club Dead - Charlaine Harris (re-read 5/5)

Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris (re-read 5/5)

Dead as a Doornail - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

Definitely Dead - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

Altogether Dead - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

From Dead to Worse - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

Dead and Gone - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

The Awakening - L J Smith (3/5)

The Struggle - L J Smith (3/5)

The Fury - LJ Smith (3/5)

The Reunion - LJ Smith (3/5)

Snuff - Chuck Palahniuk (4/5)

The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory (5/5)

Bitten - Kelley Armstrong (4/5)

The Heretics Daughter (4/5)

Mar - June

The Vampire Diaries: The Return - Nightfall - LJ Smith (3.5/5)

The Vampire Diaries: The Return - Midnight - LJ Smith (4/5)

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick (4/5)

The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks (4/5)

Merrick - Anne Rice (5/5)

Fallen - Lauren Kate (3.5/5)

Beautiful Creatures - Garcia & Stohl (Reading)

Edited by Nicola

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish List/TBR

Women of the Otherworld Series - Kelly Armstrong

Merrick - Anne Rice

Blood & Gold - Anne Rice

Blackwood Farm - Anne Rice

Blood Canticle - Anne Rice

The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory

The Constant Princess - Philippa Gregory

The Cell - Stephen King

The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette - Carolly Erickson

Harper Connelly Series - Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris (May 2010)

The Lovers - John Connolly

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

Dracula - Bram Stoker

The Picture of Dorrian Gray - Oscar Wilde

The Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris

Hopefully Book 4 in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle will be released this year :)

Edited by Nicola

;) I bought the first book and read about 3 pages before getting side tracked with Christmas and Anne Rice :)

I've got about 200 pages of The Vampire Armand to read and then I'll get cracking with Ms Armstrong. I've heard lots of good things about these books so I'm looking forward to reading them :D

I know....I thought that too. Plus, it's never good when a

couple start the novel as a couple. Usually something happens and one of them (Sookie) ends up fleeing into the arms of her former dead lover (the man with bad hair)

....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I wonder if we'll find out why

Eric didn't rescue her from those evil fairies

at the end of the last book :) He better have a bloody good reason! ;)

Great to see the Kelley Armstrong books on your list, Nicola! :) I just started the 3rd one a couple days ago and I'm taken. Can't wait to read the rest! Also glad to see the Fforde on your list. I hope you love it!

I have Interview with a Vampire on my TBR shelf, waiting to be read next. It's my first Rice and I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about. ;)

:lol: yeah. I want to read a conversation between them about what he remembers. I can remember him asking Sookie if she wanted to talk and she said not yet, then it never happened :lol: I have a lot resting on that next book

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that too :) Will you be finished your dissertation by that point too? Heeeeeee.......May will be a good month!

Great to see the Kelley Armstrong books on your list, Nicola! :) I just started the 3rd one a couple days ago and I'm taken. Can't wait to read the rest! Also glad to see the Fforde on your list. I hope you love it!

I have Interview with a Vampire on my TBR shelf, waiting to be read next. It's my first Rice and I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about. :)

Interview With The Vampire is such an amazing book....can't wait to hear what you think :D

Did you read the first chapter of Dead in the Family on Charlaine Harris's website? I couldn't help myself!! :) ERIC!! :)

I definately have to get myself on to the site to read this. I forgot to add it to my wishlist too! Right .. off to add right now!

Happy Reading Nicola! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm poorly at the moment so have just re-read the first four Sookie Stackhouse books. A bit of a comfort 'Eric Northman' reading I suppose :lol: Of course I can't stop there so I'm going to have to read the next five too :D

Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly, I hope you get better soon :) There's nothing like comfort reading when you're feeling ill, although I think that in this case you might've even preferred comfort DVD watching (as in True Blood marathon) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

The Vampire Armand - Anne Rice

I enjoyed the story the book had to tell but I thought that Anne Rice's descriptive detailing in this book overshadowed the plot and made it a challenging read at times. I put it down 3 or even 4 times but my new year resolution to finish the Vampire Chronicles made me pick it up again.

I'm glad I did as we follow Armand through 16th Century Venice which was an interesting read. Also, Armand has never been one of my favourite characters in the Chronicles but I've grown a little soft spot for him since reading about his past and his demons.

Overall, because of the story I'm giving it 4/5. If it was based on writing alone I'd probably give it 3/5 as I don't think it's anywhere as good as previous novels.

So......in 2009 I read 48 books which is probably the most I've ever read in a year :blush: In 2010 I'm hoping to read a book a week and hopefully finish Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

Books Read

Jan - Mar

A Touch of Dead - Charlaine Harris (3/5)

The Vampire Armand - Anne Rice (Reading)

Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (re-read 4/5)

Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris (re-read 4/5)

Club Dead - Charlaine Harris (re-read 5/5)

Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris (re-read 5/5)

Dead as a Doornail - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

Definitely Dead - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

Altogether Dead - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

From Dead to Worse - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

Dead and Gone - C Harris (re-read 4/5)

The Awakening - L J Smith (3/5)

The Struggle - L J Smith (4/5)

It's all about death and vampire...hm

It's all about death and vampire...hm

:blush: Now that you mention it I suppose it is!!

After two more vampire stories, I have a few books about Tudor England to read, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong to finish and Chuck Palaniuk's Snuff to start (just to prove I'm not completely morbid :lol: ish!)

:blush: That's a recurring theme in a lot of my current books too :lol: I love that you give Club Dead and Dead to the World 5/5. They're definitely the best two in the series :D I was really disappointed with Touch of Dead (although I guess it was kind of a filler) and I ended up with two copies :lol: I don't really want one.

:lol: That's a recurring theme in a lot of my current books too I love that you give Club Dead and Dead to the World 5/5. They're definitely the best two in the series I was really disappointed with Touch of Dead (although I guess it was kind of a filler) and I ended up with two copies :lol: I don't really want one.

:D Isn't that just typical!! I'm sure I heard a rumour of a website where you can swap books. I may have dreamt it up of course but if not, getting rid of one (or two!) copies in exchange for a book you'd quite like could be pretty cool :cry2:

I had to keep going back to the front to find out where each story slots into the series. And I thought that books 5-8 merged into one so when Harris said "this takes place after Altogether Dead" I was left wondering which story that actually was ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's all about death and vampires at the moment :blush: