Kate's Reading in 2010

Kate

Ooo I've read a lot since I posted in here! :smile2:

I read Q & A by Vikas Swarup, which I enjoyed. My views can be found in the Reading Circle section.

The other three I have recently finished are:

Nicholas Sparks: The Choice - I loved this and I did find myself tearing up at a few points. Beautifully written with a little twist towards to the end. A really good book.

Jessica Green: The Diary of a Would-Be Princess - very easy to read, young teen book. I read it in a day and enjoyed it. It was a sweet book with a nice outcome.

Terry Pratchett: The Wee Free Men - I love the Discworld books and this is no exception. I thought it started off a bit slow but once it got going this was another great book. It was s shame that we didn't see Granny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax until the end though

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated my book piles: http://bookreviews.me.uk/my-to-be-read-pile/

I finished The Ice-Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson the other day. I loved it! It wasn't what I expected; it was not the "normal" chick-lit. There is murder and prison and all sorts. But it was so read-able. I was hooked right from the start and loved it! Top marks :D

I have lots of challenges, I love it!

I've finished two books today :roll:

Stardust by Neil Gaimon - amazing book! It was full of adventure and beautifully written. The story just flew off the pages and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it :D

The Dresskeeper by Mary Naylus - I received this as a review book for the site http://teen.chicklitreviews.com/ and I enjoyed it. My review can be found in the thread I started in the young adult section

Today I finished The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James. She is one of my favourite authors and I have always enjoyed her books. This one was no exception. The story follows Alice, who is running from a difficult past and Clayton, who is suffering in the press due to his ex. This is a simple story. It has depth, but it is only as deep as a chick-lit novel. I enjoyed this one; it was a lovely story. The ending was predictable but this story had regrets and love and I enjoyed it.

Over the weekend I finished The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen which I loved! It is another young adult book. I read over 300 pages in one day. I was hooked. It was a great story about living life to the maximum and coping with grief.

Yesterday I finished The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. This was another book I loved. Great characters, lovely writing and a good story. This is about dealing with death as well, falling in love and making amends in family. Again I read large chunks of it in one go. Well worth reading it :blush:

I have just finished listening to Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett. One of my favourites I think. Girl power! :blush: Just a great novel :tong:

If anyone is interested I have rounded up my May reading:

http://bit.ly/bg4A62

The other day I finished The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. This follows on from The Notebook and was a good read. It is not the best of his that I have read but it was nice and got better as the story went on.

You are just flying through the books aren't you Kate :D I wish I could read as fast as you do!

It is true. This week has been insane for reading! Since I last updated, all of 4 days ago, I have finished:

Meg Cabot: Size 12 is Not Fat

Nick Hornby: The Complete Polysyllabic Spree

Alice Hoffman: Incantation

Wendy Virgo: Life Issues

Stephenie Meyer: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Yesterday I finished listening Candide by Voltaire. I will always remember it but I think that is because it is one of the strangest books I have ever come across. I'm not sure I enjoyed it, I was just gripped by the fact it was so bizarre.

Today I finished Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. This is the third book by her I have read, and although I didn't read it as fast as I read the other two I loved this one just as much. I am hoping to read all her books, I really enjoy her work :D

I've been doing more reading :D The other day I finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It was an interesting read and I enjoyed it :D I think it is a book that will stay with me for a long time - it explores a deep issue - depression and suicide, and the images will remain/haunt me for a while. This is sensitively written and well worth reading.

I have put Dead Sight by Glenn Chandler aside. I was reading it for my dissertation and the first 100 pages were very helpful. I have stopped reading it because there will be a ritual child killing and I don't want to read that.

I'm glad you enjoyed The Bell Jar Kate. I've read a little of Sylvia Plath's journals and they're also really insightful and beautifully written. You might enjoy it as well. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've read another six since updating this thread!

Terry Pratchett: A Hat Full of Sky

Kate Harrison: Old School Ties

Debbie Macomber: 44 Cranberry Point

Matt Beaumont: E

Judy Blume: Forever

Rachel Hore: The Memory Garden

I've read 17 books this month!

I've read another six since updating this thread!

Terry Pratchett: A Hat Full of Sky

Kate Harrison: Old School Ties

Debbie Macomber: 44 Cranberry Point

Matt Beaumont: E

Judy Blume: Forever

Rachel Hore: The Memory Garden

I've read 17 books this month!

well done Kate :) I've only managed 5 :D

Did you enjoy A Hat Full of Sky? It's one of my favourite Pratchett's .. I love Tiffany Aching, the Nac Mac Feegles and Granny Weatherwax.

I've read 18 now! I've just finished The Girl Next Door by Elizabeth Noble :D

I think reading 17 book in one month would make you totally awesome!

Oh my how did you do that?? Care to share your secret? I've read two I think :confused:

Well, it is July now, and I'm up to three books:

1. Debbie Macomber: 50 Harbour Street

2. Melanie Ray: The Great Destruction

3. Terry Pratchett: Going Postal

You, my dear, are a reading beast! Care to share some tips of how to tame and train the mojo? :D

My advice would be do nothing else! Hehe!