Angel's Books 2010

Angel

I was very pleasantly surprised as Mr Darcy Presents his Bride was very good and I don't tend to go for sequels penned by other authors.

Whilst on holiday I also read

Jean Plaidy - Defenders of the Faith

Jodi Picoult - Picture Perfect

and started PD James - A Taste for Death

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Angel, haven't talked in a while - hope you are well.

How does Jean Plaidy compare to Philippa Gregory? I have never read her, but I notice that she has loads of historical novels. I have read Philppa Gregory's Tudor series, and I was wondering how they compare - as I would like to read something else prior to that period.

Hi Maureen.

Jean Plaidy is fantastic and she is really the fore-runner to many of today's historical novels. Philippa Gregory was influenced by her and many others. I would thoroughly recommend them especially now that so many of the books are now being republished in more upto date covers. Her tudor books are all very readable and I think that you would enjoy them.

Now I'm struggling with this one. I haven't read a novel by King for some considerable years. I'm getting into it for a few pages and then falling asleep - mainly due to increased painkillers (back and other joints)Still another 200 pages to go yet!!

I've only read the first 40 pages so far and I'm hooked! I'm a veryvery big CJ Sansom fan and I always buy his book on the day of publication if I can. Heresey is promising to be very much of the same vein - I'll let you know how it shapes up

Loved every page of Heresy - a fantastic debut novel

Erica James - It's the Little Things

I enjoyed It's The Little Things. I finished her new one The Queen of New Beginnings yesterday. Another good one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Virgin Widow is a must - as every bit as good as Philippa Gregory. A name to look out for in the future I think. This book is about how Anne Neville eventually became Richard III wife

Ken McClure - Dust to Dust

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst on holiday I managed to get a fair bit of reading done

Mink Elliott - The Pi**ed off Parents Club

Alison Weir - The Captive Queen

Tracey Chavalier - Strange Creatures

Richard Montanari - Kiss of Evil

Now I'm just about to start Mary Higgins Clerk - The Shadow of your Smile