Songs You Hate

ned

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American Idiot - Greenday

I like Greenday's stuff pre that album, but i cannot stand that or Boulevard of Broken Dreams! It's when it's absolutely EVERYWHERE and kids are all thinking it's the best thing ever and you even see posters in Woolworths, you cannot escape! Argh :giggle:

I LIKE the music before that and if i saw them in concert i would appreciate the odd song from that album but the overplay factor just ruined it for me, catchy as it is.

This song by Razorlight that keeps going on about America. I was in a place once, and this song repeated over and over and over above my floor. I could not sleep, i could not think, i could not do anything because i kept hearing the vocal melody echoing inside my head even when i was nowhere near the room. It really did drive me insane!

Great idea for a thread, Ned! There are some songs out there that I can't stand, and then there are those that I absolutely loathe. A lot of them just give me bad feelings for some reason or just remind me of annoying time periods in my life :blush:. I'll start with these few and no doubt I'll think of more and be back.

Boys of Summer by Don Henley - Okay yeah this song came out in 1984 but it is my most hated song hands down. I think I was 11 or 12 when it came out and at the time I don't think it bothered me so much, but for the past decade or so I just cringe every time I hear the first note.

Ode to Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry - This song came out before I was born and is about a guy who commits suicide by jumping off a bridge. It was turned into a movie when I was very little but I saw it in reruns. The movie is SO sad that I just get sad and sick whenever I hear it.

Horse with No Name by America - I'm not sure why I hate this song so much, but it might have to do with the fact that I had to listen to my siblings sing it over and over in the car whenever we went on road trips.

Major Tom (Coming Home) by Peter Schilling - No words, just hate :giggle:.

Other than those titles, I can't stand anything by Nickleback, Green Day, Dave Matthews or John Mayer. I've tried to listen, believe me!

Current song ~

'Fight for this Love' by Cheryl Cole, if I hear one more time, 'we got to fight fight fight...' I will scream, we get it Cheryl, you are fighting for love!

In the past ~

'Fire' by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, a classic tune but his voice goes through me :giggle:

'Shiny Happy People' by REM, I know its a cheery wee tune but it does not make me feel shiny or in fact happy :blush:

I am sure there is more... ;)

Wannabe - Spice Girls

Now, believe it or not, i adored the Spice Girls when i was a kid! And i can still remember tons of the songs, VIVA FOREVERRRRRRR, MAAMAAAAAAAA etc (:blush:) But that song really irritates me, ZIGAZIGAAAAAA :giggle:

Anything sung by Leona Lewis. I'm sorry to any fans of hers but I find her songs really depressing :giggle: Ok I'll go hide now :lol:

I dislike her too. I hated Bleeding love. Urgh! :blush:

Songs I don't like. I am sure there are a few I do not like. :D

I don't like that *Calls up brother to find out name* Cascarda? Woman who does that new dance version of white Christmas.. What?!!! Bloody good song, leave it alone!!

Don't like the new Joe Xfactor song ;)

Oh and Westlife - Flying without Wings! No no no, not good!

I am sure there are more, but just can't think of them.

Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears For Fears makes me sick to my stomach - I feel phyically sick and if it's not turned off immediately, it has been known to make me retch, I hate it so much!

I also can't stand We Wish You a Merry Christmas - I once went carol singing round a street of 164 houses and after the first dozen houses everyone got sick of deciding which song to sing next so they sang that at every single door. By the end of it, I felt sick, dizzy and headachy. I have never been carol singing again and never will, and if I hear that song it brings it all back and makes me feel ill.

I once quit my job over Christmas Wrapping by The Shop Girls - I was working in a shop and the Christmas CD got stuck with that one track on repeat for the best part of an hour. I went in to see the manager, handed in my name badge and said, "I can't work under these conditions," walked out the door and never went back into that shop ever again.

ANYTHING Susan Boyle sings is a song ruined! :giggle:

Boys of Summer by Don Henley - Okay yeah this song came out in 1984 but it is my most hated song hands down. I think I was 11 or 12 when it came out and at the time I don't think it bothered me so much, but for the past decade or so I just cringe every time I hear the first note.

Horse with No Name by America - I'm not sure why I hate this song so much, but it might have to do with the fact that I had to listen to my siblings sing it over and over in the car whenever we went on road trips.

Yes and yes - can't stand either one of those. I also hate Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams and Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. I will leave any party, pub or club that ever plays them - even if I haven't finished my drink!

Oh thank you, now i have this in my head LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA LA. Is there anymore obvious attempt at brainwashing? The video is scary too haha.

At this stage, I despise everything played in the store I work. If you're forced to listen to Pokerface 12 times a day, it kinda starts getting on your nerves a teensy bit... follow that with a we-so-wanna-be-cool-again attempt by the Backstreet Boys, and you know it's going to be a long day... :giggle: