Noll's 2010 Reading List

Nollaig

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing very mediocre reviews of it, I'm hoping I'll be one of the exceptions who loves it!

I enjoyed it Noll :) I think you will like it :)

Edited by Weave

• 1 month later...

Haha awwww poor Mac :friends0:

I'm forcing mine to come home. I've got two review books and was given a book I've wanted for ages by it's author for my birthday, so I have no excuses!

I am currently reading The Secret Crown by Chris Kuzneski, and I'm also working on finishing The Blackwater Lightship (re-read) by Colm Tobín and A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood.

I've another one somewhere to finish but I'm not as concerned about that one, and after/alongside the above I have Intuition by Allegra Goodman.

Noll, I think you would really enjoy a book called Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff. Cack title, cack cover, brilliant, brilliant book. It got my mojo workin'! Try it. I think you would love it. xx

Norwegian Wood was rubbish. I don't care what anyone says, it was one of the biggest wastes of my time any book has proved to be.

Yeah that is fair enough, but it is only one of his books and tbh one of his that doesn't even appeal to me, and I'm a fan. Murakami has many other books, but if it's his style you didn't like then hey ho. :blink: I've had this convo with you before tbf, I know it's a waste of time ^_^

Well it's only a waste of time if you're actively trying to change my opinion, other than that it's just a discussion. I have heard Norwegian Wood is different, but there just wasn't anything I liked about it that would compel me to even try his other work really. It didn't feel so much like it was just that one book, it was everything about his style, if that makes sense. If I ever join a library, I'll probably try another book or two, but I wouldn't risk buying them.

• 1 month later...

Well this year was a bit of a disaster. 13 books less than last year! I'll have to try harder next year :lol:

It's unlikely that I'll finish any more books before New Years, though I'm reading a few, so hopefully January will get off to a good start.