Addicted To A Series?

Katrina1968

I can only think of three series I've done.

The Harry Potter books, which are obviously fairly recent - and the Wycliffe detective novels by W J Burley and the Pargeter books by Simon Brett - both of which I finished in the early 2000s (apart from one Wycliffe book that I've been saving because the author sadly died.

I'm definitely going to finish The Millennium series by Stieg Larsson though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm addicted to 44 Scotland Street, too, but can't wait for the next Corduroy Mansions! The first one is fab, and the publisher has a really cute intro the characters at all the ws (sorry, it won't let me put the link in) then alexandermccallsmithbooks.co.uk and click on Corduroy Mansions on the left. Sorry if this starts another addicition, but it's worth it believe me!

• 1 month later...

I've an habit of following a few fantasy series :roll:

One of the problems I do have though. Is I may have read a first book through the library, liked it, then bought the rest. But not gotten around to getting book one!

I always mean to get these first books, because otherwise I wont re-read the series :)

Once I start a series I must finish it (unless I abandon the first book) I just can't bare not knowing the whole story it drives me mad.

I loved the first Twilight book but after the first they got progressively awful IMO but I had to force myself to finish. Still I kept the first book but got rid of the other three.

I have been a follower of tonnes of series, including Charlain Harris, Kelley Armstrong, Kresley Cole, loads of different fantasy books, John Connolly, Philip Rickman, Christopher Brookmeyer, I get addicted and just end up spending a fortune, however I do get frustrated waiting for the next book patience is not one of my greatest virtues :)

I have been a follower of tonnes of series, including Charlain Harris, Kelley Armstrong, Kresley Cole, loads of different fantasy books, John Connolly, Philip Rickman, Christopher Brookmeyer, I get addicted and just end up spending a fortune, however I do get frustrated waiting for the next book patience is not one of my greatest virtues :roll:

I'm the same, I get so frustrated waiting for the next book too :)

I'm the same, I get so frustrated waiting for the next book too :roll:

Me too, in fact I'm so cross with Dean Koontz taking soooo long to finish the Christopher Snow series that I refuse to read another novel of his until he does. :)

Not that I think he's bothered mind, it just makes me feel a bit better in a petty way.

I love a good series!

Started with all the Enid Blyton series when young, then Narnia, My Friend Flicka/Thunderhead/Green Grass of Wyoming, then on to Poldark, the Saga of the Exiles, the Galactic Milieu, Foundation, Thomas Covenant, the Gap series, the Belgariad, the Morland Dynasty, Aurelio Zen, Guido Brunetti, Simon Serailler, Scarpetta, Temperance Brennan, Alexandra Cooper, Rebus, Isabel Dalhousie, Mma Ramotswe, The Raj Quartet, the Forsyte Saga/A Modern Comedy, Dexter, Myron Bolitar...

...apologies to all the other much loved series that I can't call to mind just now! :) I'm currently thinking of ordering the Sookie Stackhouse set from The Book People, as I am enjoying True Blood on TV.

Anita Blake Series...I've just finished number 13 and am thinking of quiting but I just don't like to admit defeat!

I know that feeling, I started reading them about a year ago and finished the last one a few weeks ago, started so I finished the series attitude. I did find them a bit heavy on the, ahem, 'romance' and I don't think that will ever go away.

They do pick up a bit with the US Marshall side but they are a bit of a slog to get through. Don't bother buying Flirt, just go to the library/bookshop and spend a couple of hours reading it there (it's tiny at under 200 pages and so bad that this is the best part of it).

They do pick up a bit with the US Marshall side but they are a bit of a slog to get through. Don't bother buying Flirt, just go to the library/bookshop and spend a couple of hours reading it there (it's tiny at under 200 pages and so bad that this is the best part of it).

Too late :lol: I didn't realise it was gonna be so small! I ordered it off Amazon expecting a normal sized book and I got something I read in one evening!

I'm hugely addicted to the Malazan series by Steven Erikson and Ian Cameron Esslemont. I've read (and am gradually re-reading) the nine existing novels in his Malazan Book of The Fallen series, and the tenth and final one is due at the end of this year. Esslemont is writing a companion series called Malazan Empire, for which there are currently two books.

I've also arrived a bit late at George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, which I am loving (on book two at the moment). I'm quite a fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels, and am just getting into Iain M Banks's Culture series as well. Used to love David Eddings' books, like The Belgariad and The Mallorean.

Too late :D I didn't realise it was gonna be so small! I ordered it off Amazon expecting a normal sized book and I got something I read in one evening!

Well hope Bullet will be better (size and quality) when out in June.

I actually forgot to answer the original question. My name is nicholbb and I am a serial-a-holic.

I don't know why I do it because a) I hate waiting for the next one to come out 2) When I read a fully finished series I end up sick of the style, after reading all one after the other.

Dragon Lance (was my first)

David Eddings (all of them)

Robyn Hobb (assassin, fool, liveship trader)

Elizabeth Moon (Vatta's War, Serrano)

Acorna (on book 4 of 7)

Ender (on 5 or 10)

Dune (although was stopped by God Emperor and didn't finish)

Blake (as above)

T FLAC (I started this week and on second book now)

List goes on and what's worse is I don't just buy the first book I buy the whole lot to date, costs a fortune but I don't have to break.

Do same with TV too :lol:

I am a weak, weak man

I have a few series I follow

Dresden files (I've just ordered book 10)

Furies of Calderon (read up to book 4 from library hoping they add 5 & 6)

Merry Gentry (read up to book 6 both library and bought books, disliked some of the books contents so may give up)

Dark Hunter series (read some but not bothered to chase up the rest)

Women of the Otherworld (read all but two of the books)

The Ender saga (read 5 books)

The Dragons of Pern (read 10 books)