The Xmas Factor by Annie Sanders

Janet

I used to read a lot of chick lit, but I've tried to be a bit more varied in my reading this year, however, Annie Sanders is a name that always makes me pick up a book. What I like about them is that they don't write straight romance novels, there's always a bit more characterisation, and tend to concentrate on more than one main story.

The Xmas Factor is their third novel I think, and from the next one onwards, I think they've improved each time, and their heroines have grown up with them. They write about women in their 30s or 40s and the dilemmas facing ordinary women I can relate to, whether its about problems with marriage/long term relationships that may or may not be resolved (no guaranteed happy ending for relationships in their books, even if the story has a upbeat resolution), or issues with careers or families, or perhaps all of the above.

They're still chick lit escapism, but for me, they've moved the stories and characters on, meaning it's still relevant to me, and it's not just young woman seeks Mr. Right (when he was actually under her nose all the time :D)

They're still chick lit escapism, but for me, they've moved the stories and characters on, meaning it's still relevant to me, and it's not just young woman seeks Mr. Right (when he was actually under her nose all the time :D)

Yeah, I guess they're more 'chick lit grown up'! I might be tempted to try a later-written one when I go on holiday or something. :)

I hope you enjoy it, Stephanie. :D