BBC Radio 7's Chain Gang Story

It's something that they have done before (and I think it's been done by other radio stations/Audible etc)

They get an acclaimed writer to write a two minute first episode and then they hand it over to the public to write the next two minute installments (I'm not sure how many episodes about thirteen I think) ... they send in their entries and each week one storyline is picked and dramatised (aired on Saturday evening on BBC radio 7). They then get the original writer of the first episode .. to write the last episode (he dramatises all the others too), they are usually thrillers with lots of twists and turns.

I'm absolutely useless at anything like this .. I'm always amazed at how they've managed to come up with their storylines (especially within the confines of the two minute episode). This stories writer is Robert Shearman who apparently bought the Daleks back into Dr Who.

I love listening to Radio 7 ... at the moment they have readings of 'A Suitable Boy' by Vikram Seth .. 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini .. 'Frenchmans Creek' by Daphne Du Maurier and 'Adolf Hitler .. My Part in his Downfall' by Spike Milligan amongst others.