Hold Tight by Harlan Coben

Kate

hold-tight.jpg

Synopsis from Amazon:

Tia and Mike Baye never imagined they'd become the type of overprotective parents who spy on their kids. But their sixteen-year-old son Adam has been unusually distant lately, and after the suicide of his classmate Spencer Hill - the latest in a string of issues at school - they can't help but worry. They install a sophisticated spy program on Adam's computer, and within days they are jolted by a message from an unknown correspondent addressed to their son: "Just stay quiet and all safe." Meanwhile, browsing through an online memorial for Spencer, Betsy Hill is struck by a photo that appears to have been taken on the night of her son's death and he wasn't alone. She thinks it is Adam Baye standing just outside the camera's range, but when Adam goes missing, it soon becomes clear that something deep and sinister has infected their community...

This is the first Harlon Coben book I have read, and I found it exhilirating and exciting, and I will definitely be going back for more. There are several storylines that intertwine throughout the book and come together at the end, which added depth and excitment to the book. We follow Nash, who is on a mission to destroy evidence and whomever might have seen it; Mike, who is out looking for Adam; his neighbour with a dark secret and the police and FBI as they try to solve a number of crimes. I didn't get confused or annoyed by any of the storylines. I enjoyed the whole book.

I liked how Coben writes. It draws you in and is gripping. I didn't want to put this book down. With a lot taking place in the novel I just wanted to see what would happen to everyone. I didn't have a particular favourite character, I liked them all - even the ones I disliked!

This is a great crime novel, with suspense, action and a killer storyline. I will definitely read more Harlan Coben and highly recommend this book. It was quick to read and all who I have encountered that have read this book thoroughly agree that it is well worth reading.

9/10

I read a Harlen Coben a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. Weirdly, despite enjoying the one I read (I think it might have been 'Tell No One', for some reason I haven't read any more of his since.

You may just have reignited my interest Kate, this may be the cure for my wandering reading mojo. :D

Hi Kate. Really glad to hear that you enjoyed your first 'fix' of Harlan Coben.

He's one of my favourites!! Fast action, gripping plots...can see why you could't put it down. I'm exactly the same!!

If you fancy a bit more, might i suggest you try and get hold of the 'Myron Bolitar' series of his books. Centered around Bolitar, a sports agent and the 'occasional' investigator!! Plus, a regular crew of 'colourful' characters.

The books do follow on from each other, in terms of character development and character relationships, so better, I think, to try and read them in order if possible!

Happy reading!!

Northernnutter.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Kate. Really glad to hear that you enjoyed your first 'fix' of Harlan Coben.

He's one of my favourites!! Fast action, gripping plots...can see why you could't put it down. I'm exactly the same!!

If you fancy a bit more, might i suggest you try and get hold of the 'Myron Bolitar' series of his books. Centered around Bolitar, a sports agent and the 'occasional' investigator!! Plus, a regular crew of 'colourful' characters.

The books do follow on from each other, in terms of character development and character relationships, so better, I think, to try and read them in order if possible!

Happy reading!!

Northernnutter.

Mr Coben received an award in the Mystery writers night on TV yesterday. He is one of my very favourite writers even though I am afraid I have read them all now. I love Harry Bosh and Terry McCaleb. Bit disappointed in his last novel though. Hope he isn't running out of steam. Jean721

Mr Coben received an award in the Mystery writers night on TV yesterday. He is one of my very favourite writers even though I am afraid I have read them all now. I love Harry Bosh and Terry McCaleb. Bit disappointed in his last novel though. Hope he isn't running out of steam. Jean721

so sorry everyone you will think I am nuts. I was thinking one thing then doing another. I believe they call it a "senior moment". I was thinking of Michael Connelly who writes about Harry bosh but thinking how him and Coben are my favourites. I love Bolitar, a bit different from being a straight forward detective. And... what a great mate he has. Sorry about the confusion. Jean721

so sorry everyone you will think I am nuts. I was thinking one thing then doing another. I believe they call it a "senior moment".

:mrgreen:oh good, I'm glad it's not just me Jean.:)