Kell's 2006 Reading Log - July to December

Kell

I exchanged one of my duplicate books today,so I now have The Prestige by Christopher Priest to add to my Christmas haul. It was recommended to me by a guy whose blog I regularly read - it's one of his all-time favourite books (from long before the folm was made) and he made such a song & dance about it that i was intrigued. I want to see the film too, so I'll have to decide which I want to do first - read it or watch it!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another book will shortly be winging it's way to me - I ordered An Open Vein by J M Warwick this evening, after seeing all the great comments left on the forum about it. I'd already read te synopsis & liked the look of it, but I usually swither about things a lot longer than I did for this - I just couldn't resist! So, that's another one to add to my mountain of books to read - I reckon I've got a lot to look forward to this coming year, seeing as I already have about 60 waiting! I'm looking forward to the challenge!

I'm not sure what I'd do if I ever got to the end of my TBR list - possibly I'd celebrate by getting hold of some more books - LOL! Thank you for the loan-offer - I'll look forward to reading it.

And tomorrow I think I shall set up my 2007 reading log. I should just have enough time to finish my current book before I close off thise year's lot...

Have just finished my last book of 2006 & I have to say that The Eagle's Prophecy by Simon Scarrow did NOT disappoint! he's one of the few authors that, so far, there's not been one let-down from any of the books I've read & this was the 6th one - I'm very impressed!

Now, hoever, I shall write up the last review of the year & close this thread down, tucking it safely away so it can retire & I can start my fresh 2007 thread!

And I know exactly which book I will start with in the New Year - the Januray Reading Circle choice - The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell. I will, however, be taking tomorrow off from reading, as, like Liz, I don't like the thoght of carrying a book over (I know, I'm an old silly, but it would feel wrong - I want to start the new year fresh & that means with my reading too!).

And so I come to the end of another very good year of reading - let's hope next year's is as good!