New Moon Soundtrack

poppyshake

Yeah I could've sworn there was an article out there on MTV or something where they talked to a lot of artists on the soundtrack and they mentioned where at which point in the film their song was being played, and of course now I can't find it! :D

I think my absolute fave tracks are Hearing Damage, Satellite Heart, I Belong to You, Monsters and Shooting the Moon. Oh, and the piano piece at the end! Is there a separate score that's coming out from Desplat do you know?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a score coming out again - November 24th, I already pre-ordered it :D Do you think the same about the Desplat track, that it sounds more like Bella's Lullaby than Bella's Lullaby actually did?

I've an idea Summit may have pulled all the track position posts - I can't find any mention now :D

:D Good to know, Fi! I'll have to watch out for it. I agree with you on Desplat. He did an amazing job, and honestly it sounds more like Bella than what Burwell did.

Ugh, figures Summit would do something like that. Have they managed to obliterate all those spoiler clips? I've been staying away from them but I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow disappeared too.

Surprisingly, a lot of the spoiler clips are still floating around - I thought for sure that Summit would have yanked them by now! I have most of them bookmarked so I don't watch them - I'm trying to avoid every single spoiler but it seems to be much harder to do this time round than it did with Twilight.

The Burwell track for Twilight was good but it really wasn't my idea of her lullaby at all. I think that may be partially down to Hardwicke and also the speed with which the Twilight soundtrack was put together. The New Moon soundtrack is so much more polished and it makes me excited to find out what they're going to do for Eclipse :D

It's very hard to avoid! There's a tiny 11 second clip I just passed by and I thought, oh just one quick peek! I'll hate myself afterwards I just know it :D.

Ditto about the new soundtrack. There were only a handful of songs on that one that I can say I love. Weitz seemed much more concerned with getting just the right songs for this collection. Can't wait to hear these now-familiar songs actually set to scenes! :D

I can't believe we've still got to wait another 4 weeks - I may need another copy of the soundtrack by then :D

Weitz has had the benefit of more time, more investment and more support which I think is going to show. I really don't know how I'm going to wait until July next year for Eclipse and I'm so looking forward to seeing what David Slade has managed to produce!

Paula, you definitely need to buy the soundtrack - I think this is one of the best that I've heard in a long time!

Good times! thanks Fi :D

I wasn't as excited about The Resistance as I was Muse's previous album, but I must say I quite like the 'I Belong to You' track on the NM soundtrack. It's a little bit different than the original version on the Resistance, and I think it fits well. That's just me, though :friends0:.

I came across the lyrics today to Satellite Heart by Anya Marina and wanted to post them. One of my favorite songs on the soundtrack!

So pretty so smart

Such a waste of a young heart

What a pity what a sham

What's the matter with you, man?

Don't you see it's wrong

Can't you get it right?

Out of mind and outta sight

Call on all your girls

Don't forget the boys

Put a lid on all that noise

I'm a satellite heart

Lost in the dark

I'm spun out so far

You stop I start

But I'll be true to you

I hear you're living out of state

Running in a whole new scene

They say I haven't slept in weeks

You're the only thing I see

I'm a satellite heart

Lost in the dark

I'm spun out so far

You stop I start

But I'll be true to you

I'm a satellite heart

Lost in the dark

I'm spun out so far

You stop I start

But I'll be true to you no matter what you do

Yeah I'll be true to you

• 2 months later...

I liked the first film's soundtrack, but I LOVE the NM one :friends0:. I'm still listening to all or parts of it every day and I can't seem to get tired of it. Noll, or anyone else who's bought it, have you heard this Lupe Fiasco song? I forget the title, but I came across the vid on YouTube and it said that it was from the movie and I thought, 'what?' I've never heard this tune! I'm thinking it was a bonus track if you bought the album on iTunes or something. I bought the actual CD and it's not on there.

I liked the first film's soundtrack, but I LOVE the NM one :friends0:. I'm still listening to all or parts of it every day and I can't seem to get tired of it. Noll, or anyone else who's bought it, have you heard this Lupe Fiasco song? I forget the title, but I came across the vid on YouTube and it said that it was from the movie and I thought, 'what?' I've never heard this tune! I'm thinking it was a bonus track if you bought the album on iTunes or something. I bought the actual CD and it's not on there.

I've just had a look on iTunes, and there are two different albums for New Moon on there - one for