Strictly Come Dancing

SueB

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to tell you how many times I voted :( but I'm also absolutely delighted that Chris & Ola won :exc:

And I admit, I was crying along with Ola - I can't see anyone else cry without my tear reflex kicking into action and I blub along with them :D

Did you have problems getting through? I certainly did.

I just cried because I was soo happy. I don't think I have ever loved a partnership like that. I am really going to miss them next year. *Cries like a baby*

Did you have problems getting through? I certainly did.

I just cried because I was soo happy. I don't think I have ever loved a partnership like that. I am really going to miss them next year. *Cries like a baby*

I did have problems initially, but I waited until the first programme had finished, and voted after 8pm before the second show started, and it was fine then.

They aren't my favourite Strictly partnership by any means, but out of the two in the final, I definitely wanted them to win, so I was more than happy with the result. :(

I'm really pleased that Chris and Ola won! :lol: It kind of goes against my principles in that Chris wasn't the best dancer, but as the best dancer (Ali) had already gone out of the competition I decided I could throw my principles to one side! :hug:

I thought they made a great couple. Chris just seemed like a nicer bloke than Ricky somehow, and I'm so pleased for Ola as she is one of my favourite pro dancers. Bless her, she couldn't stop crying with happiness. Aww. I loved their Charleston, it just put a big smile on my face.

I think everyone expected Ricky to win, so I was most pleased when he didn't!

All in all though, I have been quite disappointed with this series, and found it pretty lacklustre. I didn't even know who most of the celebrities were when they were announced.

Also, after giving Alesha the benefit of the doubt for the whole series, I've decided that she just doesn't work as a judge. Nothing against her personally, I wanted her to win when she danced, but she's not exactly full of informative comment or constructive criticism, is she? Even I could sit there and say "You was wicked!" :lol:

Bring back Arlene!!

I'm really pleased that Chris and Ola won! :lol: It kind of goes against my principles in that Chris wasn't the best dancer, but as the best dancer (Ali) had already gone out of the competition I decided I could throw my principles to one side! :hug:

I thought they made a great couple. Chris just seemed like a nicer bloke than Ricky somehow, and I'm so pleased for Ola as she is one of my favourite pro dancers. Bless her, she couldn't stop crying with happiness. Aww. I loved their Charleston, it just put a big smile on my face.

I think everyone expected Ricky to win, so I was most pleased when he didn't!

All in all though, I have been quite disappointed with this series, and found it pretty lacklustre. I didn't even know who most of the celebrities were when they were announced.

Also, after giving Alesha the benefit of the doubt for the whole series, I've decided that she just doesn't work as a judge. Nothing against her personally, I wanted her to win when she danced, but she's not exactly full of informative comment or constructive criticism, is she? Even I could sit there and say "You was wicked!" :lol:

Bring back Arlene!!

I agree about Alesha. I found it hard to respect her comments when it was about the Charlston on the lindihop when she had never danced it before. I wished she had done what Darcy had done and tried the dances and found out what they were like to Train, just like Darcy and the jive.

Alesha was giving away 10's in the christmas special a bit freely too. Especially when all of the other judges (who know what they are talking about) spotted mistakes. A 10 should be given when a dance is perfect.

I did not manage to watch the christmas special, and as my ondemand is not working, I will have to wait until the technician comes out, but I heard who won and the scores and does seem to be a oretty high scoring show, considering the year before.

Look forward to watching it.

I love to watch Flavia dance whereas Camilla could get on my nerves at times, so I was more than happy to see the gorgeous Gethin dance with Flavia! She deserved a decent celeb after spending so much time with Craig (now officially nicknamed "The Deluded One" in our house :friends0:)

• 4 weeks later...

I went to see the Strictly tour last night, and it was brilliant! The couples were:

Kelly Brook and Matthew

Zoe Lucker and James

Chris Jordan and Ola

Ricky Groves and Aliona

Austin Healey and Lilia

Mark Ramprakash and Kristina

Natalie Cassady and Darren

Ali Bastian and Brian

Mark was my favourite. He did the argintine tango and the 'hot hot hot' dance, both were brilliant. Austin won though, you could tell he was going to win before he had even danced! :console:

I went to see the Strictly tour last night, and it was brilliant! The couples were:

Kelly Brook and Matthew

Zoe Lucker and James

Chris Jordan and Ola

Ricky Groves and Aliona

Austin Healey and Lilia

Mark Ramprakash and Kristina

Natalie Cassady and Darren

Ali Bastian and Brian

Mark was my favourite. He did the argintine tango and the 'hot hot hot' dance, both were brilliant. Austin won though, you could tell he was going to win before he had even danced! :console:

Glad you had a good time, I've been reading the Strictly threads over on DS and it seems that everyone has been enjoying the tour.

Weird thinking about Mark, Austin, Kelly, Natalie and Ricky dancing their signature dances but with with new partners ... how did you think the new partnerships worked?

It seems like Mark and Austin will win most shows although I think Ali has won one now.

I was so pleased that Chris and Ola won. They had great chemistry and their charlston was so cheeky!

The only thing that annoyed me was when Ali Bastian won the Christmas Day Show. Ali was one of my favourites but I could not help thinking that judges were now thinking that she was the rightful winner of 2009, maybe I am wrong?

I think that the new partnerships worked well, although it would have been nice to see some new routines. Surely the judges (and dancers) must be really bored by the end of the tour? Ali and Brian were really cheesy, saying that they would get engaged if they got all tens etc. I don't think that Kelly and Matthew had any chemisty, it was a bit bland. Zoe and James were good. It was nice to see them dance together again, she went out far too early on the tv show.

• 8 months later...

Who's watching the new series of "Strictly" then?

I just love the energy of this show - and the music, and the glitter, and the costumes ... and the guys

This year I'm rootin' for Scott Maslan - I think he did wonderfully last night. Quite a change from his "day job" of being on crutches, or in a wheelchair, in Eastenders. At least he'd get a bit of rest to recharge the batteries for the dancing. :D

I never thought I'd be encouraging Ann Widdicomb, either - but I have to say this lady is giving it her best shot, even though she'll probably be out of the comp shortly. Never underestimate a portly figure, folks, she's fit enough not only to dance, but to do the run up those stairs to Tess, too, and is often less puffed than many others at the top.

Who's your favourite this year, then?

Loving watching Strictly, I thoroughly enjoy it. Ann Widdicome makes me laugh every time with her back chat to the judges. As an oldie I am enjoying watching Pamela Stephenson and Felicity Kendle but don't think they will win. But so admire their fitness and efforts.

My guess is that Scott Maslan will get very close and may well win.

As yet I have no favourites, just enjoying the whole show.

Umm ... I'm just a little bit of a fan (I run www.ultimatestrictly.com, for anyone who doesn't know *shameless plug*)

This year, I'm absolutely loving Pamela & James, and I actually think they've got a good chance of winning, as not only are their dances good so far, but they have a great partnership both in the training room and on the dancefloor. It shines through just how much they are enjoying it, and I think that's a good motivator for people to vote.

My favourite professionals are Flavia and Kristina who I met after one of the live shows the Strictly Professionals did earlier in the year. Both were absolutely wonderful with all the fans (especially Kristina, who came back after trying to leave as there were some fans in wheelchairs who hadn't been spotted initially, and she came back and talked to each of them individually and took time for photos with them all), so I was sad she went out first. I'm rooting for Jimi & Flavia now though, and voted for them at the weekend. Flavia is such an incredible dancer, and I'm captivated every time she dances. I want to be reincarnated as her in my next life ;) I also love Brendan who was incredible to watch live on stage, but I don't think he'll win with Michelle this year, somehow.

Personally, I hope Ann Widdecombe goes next - as much as I love Anton, I cannot bear the woman, however, I suspect she will be around for at least another six weeks.

Anyway, I could witter on for hours, so I'll stop there for now!

Pamela and James are good, but for some reason, I don't really like her and I don't really know why!

Scott is brilliant as is Matt. I also like Tara and I am glad that her costumes have improved since the first week when she look like a dominatrix. Not a fan of Michelle at all and Patsy Kensit really rubs me up the wrong way.

I love Strictly.

I'm not keen on the format this year. I like the dance-off and the Sunday night show seems a bit flimsy without it. The line-up this year is really good, I knew who everybody was.

I really like Pamela Stephenson she looks like she really enjoying herself; and going to proove you can get some good soup out of an old chicken. :D .

I think Ben has been the biggest surprise. And as for Ann, if she wore a better bra it would improve her posture no end. And despite disagreeing with most of the things she said before she retired, she was one of the few MP's that didn't fiddle her expenses and she's a game old bird. Anton deserves a medal.

I can't take to Michelle. She seems a bit aloof and I think that's why she was in the bottom 2 this week. She's not the worst dancer by any means. She'd dance better when someone takes the pole out of her butt. :giggle2:

Don't know who my money is on to win the series.

I don't have a problem with there being no dance-off, as that what we had for the first four series and it worked fine. However, I agree that the Sunday show now seems superfluous, and I wish they'd go back to having the results on a Saturday night. It would also save me have to avoid Twitter and the rest of the internet so that I don't see the spoilers on who leaves the competition - the celebrities and professionals seem to be the worst one for accidentally mentioning that they're looking forward to training tomorrow or their next dance ahead of the results show :roll:

Not impressed with the props and gimmicks and wish they weren't going down the Dancing With The Stars route - there will be a Hallowe'en theme in two weeks time. :roll: :roll:

Ben? Not sure who you mean, as there isn't anyone called Ben this year!

I think Michelle thought she was going to be fantastic and when she's found out she's not, it's really blown her confidence. Not sure if everyone else knows, but Brendan's Dad passed away before the show on Saturday after a long illness, and he's flown out to NZ to be with his family and plan the funeral, but he was determined to perform on Saturday. Michelle will be training and dancing with Ian Waite this week, so maybe it will act as a new start for her and build her confidence a bit more.

I'm not sure who's going to win this year, but assuming no couples drop out, the semi-final will have 5 couples and two will be eliminated that week before the final, and my guess for the final five would be Pamela & James, Kara & Artem, Jimi & Flavia, Matt & Aliona and Scott & Natalie, and I think they'll all be pretty good dancers and popular with the public, so I think it might come down to who gets dances that suit them that week.