Strictly Come Dancing

SueB

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm.....yes he does! Here we go...first dance about to start!!

What did you think of the professional dancers dance?

Haha he split his trousers!

Phwoaar wouldnt chuck him out in the cold either.....what nights Crimewatch on :D:smile2:

I love Strictly Come Dancing :smile2: Everyone looked so nervous. The only one who was half good in my opinion was Ali, although I really love Lynda and hope she does well (or at least gets better :D). Well done to them all though, I wouldn't be able to do it!

In the group dance the guy from Hollyoaks looked amazing!!! and his dancing was good too :smile2:.

I love it when Brian talks i love his american accent, reminds me of my OH :D.

I was really dissapointed with Kystina and Joe. I was expecting more from him.

But I am looking forward to the Latins.

I was a little worried I was not going to like it as much as I was not sure on many of the celebs but for me this years the celebs are the dancers.:)

Lovely to have Strictly back but apart from Ali & Brian, I wasn't too impressed, although apart from Joe & Kristina, they weren't awful. Most of the problem seemed to be the song choices, which I thought were mostly awful! Looking forward to the latin round tonight - hoping for a bit more excitement and fun with Cha Cha Cha's.

I love Alesha, but I'm going to reserve judgement on her judging ability - you can only say how nervous they all must be so many times - I hope she maybe judges more the music choice and the entertainment factor in the dances tonight. I'm not a particular fan of Arlene, so I'm not bothered she's gone, but my choice would have been to make Karen Hardy the fourth judge since she's not dancing anymore, and she's a professional judge anyway.

Group dance was hilarious. When they circled round and the boys lifted the girls, the legs were all over the place, and then in the middle it was more like a group fight when they had to find their partners! Don't think Lilia or Brendan will be winning again this year :D

I really don't know why I watch this show, cos I get so annoyed at the unfairness of it all! The two worst dancers who should have been in the dance-off

were Lynda and Joe. So who do we get? Martina and Rav! And then Martina gets the boot! :) I really think Martina had a lot of potential for improvement, but of course now she won't have the chance because the public vote through :D dancers on the sympathy vote. Lynda and Joe are obviously this year's John Sergeant.

Am I the only person that doesn't like Joe? I'm not a big fan of boxing so didn't really know him beforehand, but watching his interview and training didn't make me like him.

No, you're not! I didn't know him either, and didn't warm to him. He's like a block of wood. The judges seem scared to criticise him in case he hits them!

I really don't understand the music choices, I was expecting some spanish "Buena Vista Social Club" type music tonight. Is it normally so random?

Yes. You get some really strange music choices sometimes. And the godawful "singers" often murder your favourite songs. :D

Well, after all that ranting I have to say that I did enjoy Strictly (believe it or not)! The best dancers were Ali and Jade. Jade's cha cha was really good, she had the hip action going (whereas most people's hips never moved at all *Lynda*). Ali was very elegant and did her dances well.

I have to say that I don't think Alesha is judge material. She hasn't got the insight into technique to give a lot of constructive criticism like Arlene did. I like her as a person, and was glad she won when she was dancing, but she doesn't have the knowledge to judge others.

Was it my imagination, or was Len completely ignoring her?

I liked Craig's quote "I've got two words: rigor mortis"! :D

Also Brucie's comment about Ola's "costume" - "That's my favourite outfit you're almost in"! :smile2:

Edited by Mia
Thought I'd better add spoilers since other people had!

I really don't know why I watch this show, cos I get so annoyed at the unfairness of it all! The two worst dancers who should have been in the dance-off

were Lynda and Joe. So who do we get? Martina and Rav! And then Martina gets the boot! :) I really think Martina had a lot of potential for improvement, but of course now she won't have the chance because the public vote through :D dancers on the sympathy vote. Lynda and Joe are obviously this year's John Sergeant.

No, you're not! I didn't know him either, and didn't warm to him. He's like a block of wood. The judges seem scared to criticise him in case he hits them!

Yes. You get some really strange music choices sometimes. And the godawful "singers" often murder your favourite songs. :(

Well, after all that ranting I have to say that I did enjoy Strictly (believe it or not)! The best dancers were Ali and Jade. Jade's cha cha was really good, she had the hip action going (whereas most people's hips never moved at all *Lynda*). Ali was very elegant and did her dances well.

I have to say that I don't think Alesha is judge material. She hasn't got the insight into technique to give a lot of constructive criticism like Arlene did. I like her as a person, and was glad she won when she was dancing, but she doesn't have the knowledge to judge others.

Was it my imagination, or was Len completely ignoring her?

I liked Craig's quote "I've got two words: rigor mortis"! :D

Also Brucie's comment about Ola's "costume" - "That's my favourite outfit you're almost in"! :smile2:

I agree I hated the whole JOn fiasco last year I really don't want that again. I agree with both of you about Joe, I felt like he could not be bothered. I think I yawned through both Linda's and Joe's.

I noticed Brendan had his hands on his hips, more than likely thinking "Here we go again" :D.

Never watched an episode in my life, but we had a friend over on Saturday who wanted to watch it. Rav Wilding is in it!! Suddenly, I'm interested:)

Got to say though, I don't think much of Alesha Dixon as a judge - she's a nice girl, but clearly doesn't really know what she's talking about (and I don't even have Arlene to compare her to, since I never watched it when Arlene was in).