Where is the Strangest place you have read?

catwoman

I am sorry if this has already been made into a thread, but I did do a search and i could not see anything :lol: So sorry if there has been.

My tyre got a puncture yesterday on the M25. So while waiting for the RAC man to come I decided to read my book while I was waiting behind the barrier. This got me thinking....

Where is strangest place you have read to?

*Sorry again about my poor grammer.*

I will have to ponder this one further, but the two that spring immediately to mind are;

On a halted and swinging Gondola cable car thingy at the Nevis Range, Fort William in Scotland. I had taken in the views, and felt myself getting a little anxious so I whipped out my book and read for a short while.

The other place would be up a tree, when I was young and had a favourite large limbed tree at the park, so hoisted myself up there to read and watch the world.

I can usually read anywhere so I think the most strangest must have been when I was reading on the bus and getting really into the book that I didn't want to stop, so I er..carried on reading when I got off the bus and was walking home :lol:

I usually take my book in my bag and read if I'm waiting anywhere but the strangest place that comes to mind was when we were building our house. We had to go to the site while a lorry load of block was being delivered for the brick layers. It was a beautiful day and my OH was standing in the foundations directing the driver. While I was waiting, I perched on the top of a pallet of tarpaulin covered cement bags and got out my book. I got a few strange looks from the brickies and the driver, but of course, My OH didn't bat an eyelid! :lol:

On a halted and swinging Gondola cable car thingy at the Nevis Range, Fort William in Scotland. I had taken in the views, and felt myself getting a little anxious so I whipped out my book and read for a short while.

I bet that was a lovely view! Sounds a perfect place to read.

I can usually read anywhere so I think the most strangest must have been when I was reading on the bus and getting really into the book that I didn't want to stop, so I er..carried on reading when I got off the bus and was walking home :lol:

Haha! :D I have done that before. Only once. I decided to walk the long way back home afterwards and it decided to pour down with rain. I learnt my lesson :tong:

The other place would be up a tree, when I was young and had a favourite large limbed tree at the park, so hoisted myself up there to read and watch the world.

Hehe, a tree. I used to read on a tree, too. Unfortunately, there is no proper tree available at the moment, so I can forget about it.

Some time ago I had a car accident on a highway and, as I was waiting for the police, I was sitting on the roof of my car reading a book. Don't want to repeat that, though. :lol:

Hehe, a tree. I used to read on a tree, too. Unfortunately, there is no proper tree available at the moment, so I can forget about it.

Nowadays it's more the case that there ain't no tree big enough! :lol:

I bet that was a lovely view! Sounds a perfect place to read.

It was gorgeous, but the shifting, creaking swinging started to get to me a bit - thus the book! :D

The strangest place for me is probably the top of the Old Lighthouse on Lundy - in a gale force wind.
Sounds a brilliant experience. Can you remember what you were reading Talisman?:tong:

Some time ago I had a car accident on a highway and, as I was waiting for the police, I was sitting on the roof of my car reading a book. Don't want to repeat that, though. :D

Oh no I hope it was not a major accident :lol:. You read on the roof??? Wow!!!!

I have done that before. Only once. I decided to walk the long way back home afterwards and it decided to pour down with rain. I learnt my lesson
Back in my youthful days of more intense concentration and a quicker step, this used to be my natural modus operandi... read on the way to the bus to school, on the bus to school, on the way between the bus and school. And so on.

Back in my youthful days of more intense concentration and a quicker step, this used to be my natural modus operandi... read on the way to the bus to school, on the bus to school, on the way between the bus and school. And so on.

Yeah I used to too(when it did not rain). I still read across the field when picking my little ones up from school.

Sounds a brilliant experience. Can you remember what you were reading Talisman?:lol:

I have read all sorts there as I visit the island 3 times a year - both fiction and non-fiction. In fact, half my own book was written there - not at the top of the lighthouse, but in the converted pig sty that I usually stay in. Come to think of, a converted pig sty in the middle of the Bristol Channel is a pretty strange place to read as well !

Used to work in an engineering factory as admin and often read amidst the noisy machines when on my break (any atmosphere was a nice change from our tiny office).

Also a couple of weeks ago read a chapter of Tolkien's Unfinished Tales in the cashier queue in a Lloyd's TSB. The remainder of my extensive queuing time was taken up by the relevance of the background history of Middle-earth to LOTR :lol:

Also, I often read whilst walking down the high street (this is most interesting on market day), or waiting in the taxi rank.

I take a book with me EVERYWHERE because you just never know :irked:

Same here, I've not read anywhere strange but I have sat on the bathroom floor of a hotel till 5 in the morning reading because I couldn't have the bedside light on in case I woke hubby and the kids :lol:

Same here, I've not read anywhere strange but I have sat on the bathroom floor of a hotel till 5 in the morning reading because I couldn't have the bedside light on in case I woke hubby and the kids :irked:

i've read in a closet. we were on holiday and i wasn't well but i didn't want to turn the light on to disturb the rest of my family in the hotel room, and i remembered there was a huge closet which had its own light, so i sat in there reading with the door closed until i fell asleep!

wow that is dedication :lol:

I think real bookworms are able to read in the most uncomfortable positions. I sometimes read before bed and I sit on my legs in order to stop myself falling asleep :lol: