In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out that Kristian the guy who presented To Buy or Not to buy has been found dead in his flat. The police are now involved.

Such a shame. I really liked him. He seemed the sort of guy you culd be friends with :smile2:

so young.

RIP

Jon Venebles, one of Jamie Bulger's murderers, is back behind bars for "breach of conditions of release".

I, for one, feel better for knowing he's banged up, even if only for a little while. I always thought the pair of them shouldn't have been released int he first place - they were sentenced to life and only served a measely 8 years for murdering that poor, defenseless toddler.

That makes me so sick, Echo. I agree. It shocks and disgusts me that people think they have some right to judge others, particularly strangers, in such a manner! Guess what, I've got boobs and that does not in any way mean I am 'ungodly' or going to hell if you can see the shape of them through my sweater! Oh dear, I have blonde hair, that must mean I am a complete floosy. Get over yourself and work on improving your own person and your own life, not trying to 'fix' the world!

Women who are victimized and raped are not asking for it because of how they dress. Unfortunately, life happens and you may end up in a situation where the person you are with is not as trustworthy as you thought they are or a stranger happens to cross your path in life and decide that you are no more than an object to be used. It happens to both 'godly' women and 'ungodly' women. Just because a woman is raped or abused does not mean she asked for it or is a bad person!!!

Oops... sorry.../rant :lol:

Edited by CaliLily

LOL, I cracked up at the bit where the one at the sexual assault centre 'cocked one eyebrow...and then the other'. It's pretty sad that anyone thinks that way, but it doesn't surprise me.

Might I be a little controversial however and point out that there IS a bit of sense (in Ireland, anyway, I think) to one specific aspect in the provocative clothing issue? I'm not saying anyone deserves to be raped or assualted in any way, but some of the things I've seen girls wearing - or the lack thereof - on nights out to ME, is kind of asking for attention. I don't think they deserve that attention, but quite frankly if you dress like a hooker you're partially to blame if men think you're going to put out like one.

Toilets with a difference....for men only though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8547336.stm

Hey' that's not all that far from my flat - it's a walkable distance! I'll have to take my Mam and Step-Dad when they come up for a visit at Easter - Mam loves Garden Centres and Pop can check out the toilets - LOL!

This is so awful. No one should ever have to go through this!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255858/Neglected-lazy-nurses-Kane-Gorny-22-dying-thirst-rang-police-beg-water.html

It's disgusting that anyone should be so neglected under ANY circumstances, let alone when they are in hospital and dependent on care from those who are paid to provide it. It's sick.

It is a sad thing when anyone dies. I wonder about the 'accidental' nature of a drugs overdose, though. Surely, unless one intends to commit suicide, any drugs overdose is accidental? How does one get to the stage where it's possible to ingest enough to kill oneself anyway?

It also makes me think of the pressures of fame and what it does to charcters who are less strong than others.

Poor old boy.