What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

You're clearly clairvoyant Kylie, as I haven't finished it yet so I haven't written a review of it save in my head. Soon, though, soon. I can tell you right now though that I'm adoring every page and I dare say you'll do too!

I zipped through it on my morning commute this morning and I did indeed adore every page! I couldn't put it down. My edition comes with The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street as well so I'll be starting that soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I zipped through it on my morning commute this morning and I did indeed adore every page! I couldn't put it down. My edition comes with The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street as well so I'll be starting that soon.
Mine too, is it the prettiful Virago textile hardback? Glad you enjoyed it so much; all I needed to read was a couple of pages before I knew I would treasure this book forever. I feel a review coming on...!

I feel my Mojo going while I read the girl with the Dragon tattoo. I can see that the book will be great but I am reading ten pages at a time and with a pile of books from the library needing to be read and this one has to go back on Friday, I think I might have to give up the ghost and move on. If I can renew the book I will give it another shot tonight but all it does is make me want to go to sleep.

I'm about to try reading The Host again Stephanie - I'm determined to get through it :D I also just got my copy of Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters so will start that later too.

Guest velocipede2288
I've almost finished Mourning Ruby, taken much longer than I thought it would, despite being very good, I just haven't had the inclination to read too much at the moment.

Despite that, I had some book vouchers burning a hole in my purse, so it was off to town this morning, where I spent two hours :D wandering round and round before deciding on the following books (some of the ones I was planning on getting weren't on offer :irked: so it was just mooch around and pick up anything that took my fancy):

The Tango Singer - Tom

What is Aberystwyth Mon Amour like? I have seen it on the shelves, but

haven't read it yet. As I am Welsh, I feel I should

I don't know, I haven't started it yet! I'll post a review when I've finished it. Although I don't read many crime novels, I've found I tend to enjoy them if there's a comedy element to them, and these seem to have that according to reviews, so thought I'd give them a go.

Started The Moonstone this morning for the reading circle, but didn't have much reading time, so only about 10 pages in. Will try and get stuck into it this evening.

Well, I still have some 50 or more pages left from The Portrait Of A Lady, but I think I'll finish it in a couple of days. I'm also continuing the New Moon audiobook, from where I had left it some months ago. My opinion hasn't changed up to now, but I'll listen to it anyway.

I went to the library today and picked up some reservations including:

J.A KERLEY - In the blood (Thanks Mac!)

JEFF LINDSAY - Dexter in the Dark.

I also bought Kathy Reich's Death du jour. It is the follow on to Deja Dead.

Tom Neale - Copper Kiss

Jonathan Kellerman - A cold heart.

Stephen Dobyns - The church of the dead girls.

25p each. :D

Buying books always gets my mojo back so I hoping that I will have a big night of reading once my kids have gone to bed.

I want to get it finished as I want to get Twilight out of the way as I am having a mini book ring with a couple friends and it is the first book that they have read in years and the meet up is on Monday!!! :D so I need to be fully prepared considering I have pleaded with them to have a mini book ring with me. :irked:

I feel my Mojo going while I read the girl with the Dragon tattoo. I can see that the book will be great but I am reading ten pages at a time and with a pile of books from the library needing to be read and this one has to go back on Friday, I think I might have to give up the ghost and move on. If I can renew the book I will give it another shot tonight but all it does is make me want to go to sleep.

I honestly felt the same way but just keep at it :D, it is really starting to get interesting.