What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the 3rd story in Hot Ticket and started the 4th and last one. Only have to read about 20 pages before the book is done. Afterwards I'm going to start Sugarplums and Scandal - I needed to read 1 story in each Anthologie to proceed resp. in the NY Blades series by Annette Blair and the Love at stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks. I'm taking the next book of each of the series with me on holiday next week

Did you know that there was another book found after the author Sieg Larssen (sp) died? Its title is something like The Girl Who ...? Its on the NY Times top 10.

He has written The Girl Who Played With Fire and a new one just out in hardback called The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest which I will be reading as soon as I can get a copy that isn't too expensive!:D

I picked up three books from the library today -

Roadside Crosses ~ Jeffery Deaver

Dying Light ~ Stuart Macbride

and

Cold Granite ~ Stuart Macbride

I`m looking forward to reading all 3 of them. :P:blush:

I am still reading Dexter as I have not had much time to read. But I am hoping for a big session tonight.

I bought Patricia Cormwell's Predator for 25p and a Non- fiction book about the body farm called Deaths Acre. it has been forwarded by Patricia Cornwell, again for 25p.

I have also been informed that my reservation for 1st to Die by James Patterson has arrived and waiting for collection.

AAAAAHHH I have so many books to read. :blush:

Finished Brazzaville Beach last night by William Boyd. It was good, but I preferred both of the other books of his I've read, Any Human Heart and Restless.

Leisurely day today and both started and finished Chosen by P.C. and Kristin Cast.

I have two books to read for my book group meeting next week :blush: as well as this months reading circle book, The Moonstone, so need to decide which one to start next.

I'm about halfway through The Reader. Those of you who are taking part in October's reading circle: you're in for a treat.

I'm hoping I get through it in time! I've only just started Notes From and Exhibition, and I've got another book lent to me by the same person that i'm reading after it called Random Acts of Heroic Love, then I'll be able to start The Reader. I am however going on a road trip to London on Sunday so will hopefully be reading for most of it providing it doesn't make me feel sick!

Only managed a few pages of The Secret Shopper's Revenge today. I did go out and buy The Other Half Lives by Sophie Hannah and The Difference A Day Makes by Carole Matthews though which was an achievement seeing as I haven't bought a new book for a couple of weeks now (go me :blush:). Lets hope I can continue not buying as many books until I have read a few of the ones I already have.

I needed a smaller book for going out last night, so I picked up I am David by Anne Holm. I read a few pages at home but didn't end up reading it when I went out. So now I have two books on the go. :blush:

I am David is a WWII book about a child who escapes from a concentration camp. We read it at school when I was much younger and I've been looking forward to reading it again. :P

I finished Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which I loved - this will probably be in my top 20 books of the year! I'm still on my Jasper Fforde kick and have also started Lament by Maggie Stiefvater :blush:

I finished Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which I loved - this will probably be in my top 20 books of the year! I'm still on my Jasper Fforde kick and have also started Lament by Maggie Stiefvater :blush:

Which Jasper Fforde book are you reading, ScarletBella? I read The Big Over Easy earlier this year but haven't yet read The Fourth Bear. I know he has a new one coming out soon too :P. He's hilarious and I can't wait!

Received another portion of my Amazon order today:

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

Billy and the Boingers Bootleg by Berkeley Breathed

His Kisses Are Dreamy, But Those Hairballs Down My Cleavage... by Berkeley Breathed

Well I have reached my target of 100 books in a year :blush::P- number 100 is Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett! Wonder how many more books I'll manage in the next few months....

Which Jasper Fforde book are you reading, ScarletBella? I read The Big Over Easy earlier this year but haven't yet read The Fourth Bear. I know he has a new one coming out soon too :blush:. He's hilarious and I can't wait!

I'm doing a Thursday Next reread - about two thirds of the way through Well Of Lost Plots :P And yep, looking forward to the new one as well - the storyline looks great!

My ambassador promised to loan me some books he has on game theory's Prisoners' Dilemma and the use of that in military strategy and especially nuclear issues. Cool!!