How fab - a forum dedicated to books!!!

Emm

Hi all,

I'm Emmalene, 31 years old and from sunny Birmingham. Stumbled on this site whilst trying to find what to read next and was viewing posts as a guest well into the wee small hours last night!!

Fave 5 books of the year so far:

1) A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini

2) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larrsson

3) The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

4) The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

5) The Time Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffeneger

Hmm - a lot of foreign authors there! Have been trying out new books and authors this year after years of reading chick lit - but I still like to settle myself down with a large bar of Galaxy and a Jane Green/Louise Bagshawe/Marian Keyes et al every so often!

Always have at least two books on the go at any one time, have run out of new books at the moment so am re-reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown and Behaving Badly by Isabel Wolff whilst I'm waiting for my next package from Amazon to drop through the door!

Any recommendations would be most appreciated!! Looking forward to getting to know you all,

Emm

Hi Emm :D

I've read all your top five except the Larrsson book, and loved A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Shadow Of The Wind and The Time Travelers Wife. Like Chrissy says, just having a mooch through the forum should give you plenty of recommendations of what to read next, in fact, you'll probably have too much choice! :D

A couple of my favourites of the year have been The Other Hand by Chris Cleave and The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan.

Hi, and welcome, Emm!! :lol:

It sounds like you and I share some common reading interests.. I also loved "The Book Thief" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns," and am sooo not above lying back with some chocolate, a glass of wine, and a chick-lit read. :lol:

For chick-lit recs, 2 of my favorites this year have been:

The Luxe - Anna Godbersen (Book 1 of a series)

The Ivy Chronicles - Karen Quinn (one of the funniest books I've read)

Just throwing those out there in case you haven't read either of them and are interested. :smile2:

Hope you're finding your way around!